OFFICIATING

GREYRIDERx

13 minutes ago, ttitan27 said:

I can't say exactly how they are chosen but I will give my experience.   Last six years I've run the scoreboard for Oakland.   During playoffs I don't recall ever having a crew from in region.   The only exception is the play clock operator.   The 25/40 second clock.  They always get a local official for that duty because officials aren't used during the regular season to run that clock in the pressbox.  Regular season I run the 25/40 clock but it's also kept on the field by one of the officials.  They obviously have final say on which is correct.   Our last home playoff game the crew was from Memphis and the play clock operator was a official that lives in Murfreesboro.   Game clock is always started and stopped by officials on the field.   I just set it up for them and they run it.  

Thanks for that info. 

46 minutes ago, GREYRIDERx said:

Good luck with that

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

THE MIC DROP WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU.

THIS GIF IS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU. 

This post is directed at you. See I quoted you and then responded. 

On threads, there a simultaneous conversations going on at the same time.

At other times, a diversion pops up, for no reason. 

squirrel-dog.gif

4 hours ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Officiating has been terrible all year, IMO. I know they are struggling to find officials and they are paid next to nothing, but they shouldn't send officials out there that suck as bad as some of them have this year.

Yes officials have been noticeably worse than years past - Bad calls both ways in most games - NO they actually DO get paid pretty well for their time.... about 3 times more per week than a typical high school football coach gets. 

I have know several officials that have given up doing high school football games because of players and fans in today’s world. For the money they make and getting fans waiting for them as they walk off the field to start something with them because of a call. Just not worth it for high school football. So now they getting who ever they can and a lot of them have never played football or understand the rules along with never playing any sports. 

Edited by rollnoles