South Pittsburg vs McKenzie (stone man and little grider man against this comer man)

Roy Dillard

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

I saw the second half but missed the first half, but South Pittsburg was the more aggressive team of what I saw. Play calling was bad for McKenzie. Their passing game was working but they kept running it. McKenzie looked very lethargic. Thought South Pittsburg played harder for whatever reason. Congratulations to both teams for getting there. 

I totally agree.  To win in this game you got to have the right game plan and a little luck.  I am a Peabody fan, so I know

11 minutes ago, Wediditagain said:

This was not the McKenzie team that played Fayette and Peabody.  I believe the game was too big for Coach Comer and the players.  Look how easy they scored in that last drive.  Pitt was better prepared and looked more ready than the Rebels.  Thats just my opinioon.  S. Pitt won and that is what really matters.  

I agree. McKenzie I guess thought that Fayetteville and Peabody win was good enough to make the Pirates lay down for them. Great win for South Pittsburg.

2 minutes ago, Wediditagain said:

I totally agree.  To win in this game you got to have the right game plan and a little luck.  I am a Peabody fan, so I know

Peabody had a great run and I though on paper they were the best team in the state, but they just didn’t look like a hungry team this year. But I have seen pros do it as well. 

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Peabody had a great run and I though on paper they were the best team in the state, but they just didn’t look like a hungry team this year. But I have seen pros do it as well. 

You are so right.  We imploded late in the season and it turns out we did not deserve to win.  Congrats to Mc and Pitt

3 minutes ago, team69 said:

Comer is a great Coach..been around a long time. Second quessing is easy when you not on the sidelines. I would be willing to bet every Coach in the championship games would have done the same. SP won the LOS it's simple as that.

No. I do not agree.  I have seen the last 3 state games and Peabody always kicked the Field goal if given the opportunity.  Comer kicked the FG against Peabody, why not S. Pitt.  Points are hard to come by in the Ship. Every point matters. Ala 24-21

Just now, Wediditagain said:

No. I do not agree.  I have seen the last 3 state games and Peabody always kicked the Field goal if given the opportunity.  Comer kicked the FG against Peabody, why not S. Pitt.  Points are hard to come by in the Ship. Every point matters. Ala 24-21

And Peabody won the line of scrimmage in the semis but lost.  It comes down to decisions and mistakes.  It's not a crime.  Its just human error.  It does not matter who dominates the game.  What matters is who wins the games.  Look at Tennessee vs Kentucky.

1 minute ago, horse said:

It’s amazing how a school the size of s. pitt has played in 10 or 11 championship games and won 6 of them. 

Peabody has played 5 and won 4.  Just saying.  But S. Pitt has the better history.  No doubt.  I was reaaly looking forward to P vs P.  That will eventually happen.  Hats off to Mckenzie for a great season and S. Pitt for a great win