South Pittsburg vs McKenzie (stone man and little grider man against this comer man)

Roy Dillard

First, for mckenzie, you guys had a heck of a team and played a great game. I expect you guys back in Chattanooga next year with what you have returning.

Again, tremendous job by everyone involved with this football program. From the head coaches to the ball boy. This truly was a team of destiny this year. Congratulations Pirates, thanks for the great memories that this season brought to us as fans.

33 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Thanks Pride.  We overcame a lot and most folks across the state counted us out through the playoffs and definitely this game.  Our defense came alive when it mattered the most.  And even more than that our Senior Mr Football Finalist ended with the MVP of the game with 19 carries 170 yards I can’t remember for sure.  Great job.  Once again, Once a Pirate Always a Pirate.  

Win or lose those young men deserve everyone's respect. Not a Wes or Heath fan but those two men stepped up and brought some young boys in to manhood. Paige said that at halftime. Pride doesn't even describe what this old time Pirate feels. It is great day to be a Pirate. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I am very proud of the Pirates on this big win. They were dealt a dirty hand early in the season and they proved how they can rise to gold heights.

Hey @Roy Dillard, it looks like TC and SP need to get that transfer portal open fast.. 

I garuntee that portal stays open corn cracking Jimmy.  Our boys played lights out.  Im glad that stone man and little grider man dont wear a tie like that comer man.  You think im joking but im not.

2 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

I garuntee that portal stays open corn cracking Jimmy.  Our boys played lights out.  Im glad that stone man and little grider man dont wear a tie like that comer man.  You think im joking but im not.

That tie keeps head on for when hes lettn the refs have it.

Oh yeah I told everyone that would listen that our former coach was in it for himself and didn't really care. Played with him and know he's really not a good guy. Fake as can be. Hope he looks back on this and see what these coaches did with his failure and regrets it for a long time. Bleeeeeep Jones

• Like 3

Unbelievable Pirates! McKenzie came out and looked like they were gonna carve y’all up like most thought. Then y’all woke up and played pissed. Amazing what South Pitt can do with a wide open offense but that defense came to BATTLE. I’m just keeping it real. Respect Pirates! Kelly is the real deal and Davis played like a monster. Y’all got a coach with a big sack on some of y’all’s calls too. You guys played harder and flat out wanted it more. I will take my Crow burnt. I’m just keeping it real

• Like 1

Congrats Pirates! 

Easily the best game of the state finals so far. SP shot themselves in the foot early and Mckenzie made them pay. SP stayed the course and now are state champs! Great to talk and sit with some SP posters during the game. I told Pirate Mike before the game even started that I just thought it was the Pirates destiny to win this thing, after all they have been through this year.  McKenzie RB #7 was a stud. I really liked his game.

Again, Congrats Pirates! You earned this!

• Like 1