South Pittsburg vs McKenzie (stone man and little grider man against this comer man)

Roy Dillard

It’s a big hill to climb , and a tall order to fill but if it comes down to a battle and less than a touchdown for the win , if VG was head coach SP loses for sure , I think this group leading this team has Kahoona’s and a plan and don’t panic so I pick SP if they can keep it that close until midway of the 4th. 

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Old Pirate it is not the fact the Pirates are not respected because they are. So. Pittsburg history and tradition speaks for itself. All we have heard for the last 8 to 10 years is how dominant their program is compared to others in that time frame. That simply hasn't been the case in the recent pass. Imo it's time for the pirates to back those praises up. SP is a great program and always in the conversation but have come up short. I guess it is time for them to show everyone what the hype is about. Can they yes. Will they is the question. Again I have nothing but respect for So. Pittsburg. 

Well, to be honest, Peabody and McK are the 2 largest 1a schools and Peabody missed the 2a cutoff by about 2 students and McK by about 10 or 20 so both of them dropping down with their recent success would have been a complete disappointment not to have been in the West semi-final bracket.  The same thing could have been said about UC for a a string of years.  It shouldn't even be close against teams like Greenback, South Pittsburg, Coalfield etc when you have a 200 student margin.  That's why I think there really may as well only be 4 classifications instead of 6, especially with the privates mostly in Div II.  SP and Trousdale County had to wade through the alphabet schools in the 90s and through 2012 to get to the semis and the final and more often than not they both did it.

56 minutes ago, BABIEC said:

It’s a big hill to climb , and a tall order to fill but if it comes down to a battle and less than a touchdown for the win , if VG was head coach SP loses for sure , I think this group leading this team has Kahoona’s and a plan and don’t panic so I pick SP if they can keep it that close until midway of the 4th. 

Victory Grider didn't seem like the same coach when he came back but he is still one of the most successful 1a coaches since 1968. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

2019 and 2020? This is about McKenzie and So. Pittsburg so not getting in that debate here but don't think so at all.

No debate needed kinfolk. Lake Co took it home in 2019 and was great team no doubt. I’m just keeping it real. Obviously we know your opinion but from outside perspective South Pitt that year and other years has as much talent as anybody or more but choke. This years team don’t have as much as the 2019 team I watched but the finally throw the ball around and it makes a difference. I’m just keeping it real. 

14 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

PT at least that stone man and little grider man wont need all those heaters to keep their balls warm and dry this week like at that beanfield mans stadium.  Im not joking either.

They have a man that runs up and down the sideline drying balls. 

Edited by pegleg

2 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

PT at least that stone man and little grider man wont need all those heaters to keep their balls warm and dry this week like at that beanfield mans stadium.  Im not joking either.

Roy I think that Daniels man should make them boys run in that Jones man's sand pitt this week in practice.They need to be real fast against these boys from McKenzie.I ain't even joking

1 hour ago, truefalconfan said:

You'll see soon enough!

Then you guys should have stayed up in 2a if you can do a better job than Brentwood Academy. 

Edit:  Oh wait.  You are a falcon suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.  Carry on.

Edited by rlh