D2 - 2022 thoughts

theawesomebro

Still waiting on anything from playerscoach....still on the clock.

i would bet there is plenty of boys running mouths, but racial slurs and comments are unacceptable.  Let's hope that left with a few of the graduates this year.

I don't think the LA crowd will be satisfied until there is an appreciation for the seriousness the program puts on whole mind, body and soul development.  What people see is on Friday nights.  They don't see the daily emphasis on developing these young men to be great contributors and collaborators in society.  Attitudes like what playerscoach has will keep the LA crowd motivated to bring clarity to the TN football landscape.  I can assure you, way more than football is going on in those facilities.

2 hours ago, BreadTruck28 said:

Playerscoach is a DCA guy I think. I am the CPA crowd mostly here. Our kids would say the same type things about LA, but I’m not going to gossip on a message board about such. It seems like the LA crowd would be satisfied with kicking our butts twice last year. 

I look forward to this year’s game or two again. It will definitely be a challenge. 

Spill it BT…that’s what a message board is….a bunch of gossip and trash talk!!

Looking forward to the games again this year….both teams should be battle tested…cpa always plays a tough schedule but this will be somewhat new for LA.  I’m one of the few that thinks Lipscomb will take a step back…Broome was a special high school running back.  Defense will be salty though.

1 hour ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

i would bet there is plenty of boys running mouths, but racial slurs and comments are unacceptable.  Let's hope that left with a few of the graduates this year.

I don't think the LA crowd will be satisfied until there is an appreciation for the seriousness the program puts on whole mind, body and soul development.  What people see is on Friday nights.  They don't see the daily emphasis on developing these young men to be great contributors and collaborators in society.  Attitudes like what playerscoach has will keep the LA crowd motivated to bring clarity to the TN football landscape.  I can assure you, way more than football is going on in those facilities.

Couldn’t agree more!

12 minutes ago, TTate said:

Broome was a special high school running back.

Not to take anything away from any other player, but he made a huge difference. I knew when I saw him as a junior that we were going to have our hands full till he graduated. I’m sure you guys have reloaded / had other playmakers step up, but I will not miss that he’s moved on. A very special kid there. 

15 hours ago, ChuckDSanAntonio said:

What clock, yours? That’s funny. You bash CPA and place LA on a pedestal which to me is funny. The only effort we’ve seen like this to get kids into school is BA in the 1980’s. However, LA has left no stone unturned to find kids to recruit them to the school. Whether it be through youth coaches, parents, etc… LA has been a bad program for decades and now is the top 25 in the USA because of the changing of their approach to football.

19 hours ago, TTate said:

Tell me what’s going on…..looks like a page right out of the Drew Maddux playbook.  CPA players the worst by far according to the kids…sorry that hurts your feelings.

I don’t have feelings about it but I can recognize when adults use words like “shocked” about language on the football field is akin to 12 year old girl gossip. It’s hyperbole at best or just plain ignorance at worst. If you think LA is immune to kids saying stupid stuff you should move out of that ivory tower. Or maybe you could just grow up and enjoy the rivalry and understand kids do and say dumb things during competition that doesn’t exclude them from having character or being part of a Christian school. 

Edited by Playerscoach

18 hours ago, Flea21 said:

Sold it’s soul…dern funny coming from the CPA crowd…heck y’all invented creative financing going all the way to the sawyer brown days…yee haw!

Lol. I’m not part of they “CPA crowd” I’m just an adult who is smart enough, and emotionally mature enough not to use words like “shocked” to disparage another teams kids and school. 

FTR if you think CPA invented anything Re enrollment instead of BA you must be very young or just uninformed. LA is using the exact same BA playbook. The bad news is it’s not sustainable and eventually the well will run dry as it always does. 

40 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

What clock, yours? That’s funny. You bash CPA and place LA on a pedestal which to me is funny. The only effort we’ve seen like this to get kids into school is BA in the 1980’s. However, LA has left no stone unturned to find kids to recruit them to the school. Whether it be through youth coaches, parents, etc… LA has been a bad program for decades and now is the top 25 in the USA because of the changing of their approach to football.

Took a shot at revising your last sentence….

LA’s football program was in the toilet in 2018 and 2019 and now is in the top 25 in the USA because of changing their approach to football.

35 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Lol. I’m not part of they “CPA crowd” I’m just an adult who is smart enough, and emotionally mature enough not to use words like “shocked” to disparage another teams kids and school. 

FTR if you think CPA invented anything Re enrollment instead of BA you must be very young or just uninformed. LA is using the exact same BA playbook. The bad news is it’s not sustainable and eventually the well will run dry as it always does. 

By the looks of them boys LA raided from BA’s pantry, that wells gonna be flowing for at least another 5 years.