TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

3 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

And 2 make things worst for AAA we are doing this without arguably the best player in AAA! Sharnecce Currie-Jelks is a force! Missed 2 years & still signed D1! Not making excuses but if we had her, the sky is the limit! I would put my coach against any of the top in the state! Coach Brent McNeal is 2nd to none! How many coaches can lose their best player & go 37-4 in 2 years? Not many if any. 

not many is exactly right!

22 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

And 2 make things worst for AAA we are doing this without arguably the best player in AAA! Sharnecce Currie-Jelks is a force! Missed 2 years & still signed D1! Not making excuses but if we had her, the sky is the limit! I would put my coach against any of the top in the state! Coach Brent McNeal is 2nd to none! How many coaches can lose their best player & go 37-4 in 2 years? Not many if any. 

You lost the two outstanding guards in Que Miller and the Transou kid too in 2019 right?? Currie-Jelks went down in 2020 at GC late in the game. My neice fouled her late and she came down bad on her knee. I know my neice felt bad about it and family did too. My neice had just came back from a broken foot herself. South Side has had to deal with more injury adversity than any team I have seen around here. Sad deal too but y’all have kept on keeping on. One reason I like y’all y’all don’t make excuses and keep playing. I wish y’all well and good luck and prayers to all in the Tournaments. 

Edited by pioneer42

18 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You lost the two outstanding guards in Que Miller and the Transou kid too in 2019 right?? Currie-Jelks went down in 2020 at GC late in the game. My neice fouled her late and she came down bad on her knee. I know my neice felt bad about it and family did too. My neice had just came back from a broken foot herself. South Side has had to deal with more injury adversity than any team I have seen around here. Sad deal too but y’all have kept on keeping on. One reason I like y’all y’all don’t make excuses and keep playing. I wish y’all well and good luck and prayers to all in the Tournaments. 

Yes sir! Q Miller scored over 2000 plus points & my cousin is Makayla Transou. She was over 1000 point scorer as well. I remember that game like it was yesterday. Your niece definitely was terrorized as she thought she was the reason that Currie-Jelks went down hurt. It was of course no ill we’ll or no fault of hers. We just try & instill a winning mentality at South Side! And also facing adversity in everyday life. Mike Tyson said it best “everybody has a plan, until you get hit in the mouth”. I will keep my mouth closed & fingers crossed & most importantly keep praying to God. In the next 4 years SS will be in great hands! Our motto is we don’t rebuild, we reload! 

Also wishing nothing but the best of luck to Gibson County! Class act coach & program! You guys will be dangerous as usual come tournament time! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

3 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yes sir! Q Miller scored over 2000 plus points & my cousin is Makayla Transou. She was over 1000 point scorer as well. I remember that game like it was yesterday. Your niece definitely was terrified as she thought she was the reason that Currie-Jelks went down hurt. It was of course no ill we’ll or no fault of hers. We just try & instill a winning mentality at South Side! And also facing adversity in everyday life. Mike Tyson said it best “everybody has a plan, until you get hit in the mouth”. I will keep my mouth closed & fingers crossed & most importantly keep praying to God. In the next 4 years SS will be in great hands! Our motto is we don’t rebuild, we reload! 

Also wishing nothing but the best of luck to Gibson County! Class act coach & program! You guys will be dangerous as usual come tournament time! 

We will keep fighting  I just rewatched first half. We got some stuff to clean up. You know GC wasn’t in that bad of defensive position on some of three’s. You look at the points in the paint stat and you have to like it if your GC. You have to think if you catch them in the Region can they keep shooting that good from downtown??  Great quote by Mike Tyson.

10 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We will keep fighting  I just rewatched first half. We got some stuff to clean up. You know GC wasn’t in that bad of defensive position on some of three’s. You look at the points in the paint stat and you have to like it if your GC. You have to think if you catch them in the Region can they keep shooting that good from downtown??  Great quote by Mike Tyson.

Yea I seen some of them deep 3’s by Jada. I will live with them as a defender. She shot lights out at home against McKenzie, she started 1-6. Then 2nd half she was 6 for 7 I believe. Where is y’all’s district & region held this year?  

11 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I seen some of them deep 3’s by Jada. I will live with them as a defender. She shot lights out at home against McKenzie, she started 1-6. Then 2nd half she was 6 for 7 I believe. Where is y’all’s district & region held this year?  

Westview for District. Region will be played at District Tournament Champ. 

1 minute ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Oh my! That’s not good for y’all. Hopefully y’all can pull it out in region & avoid Loretto for substate 

It is what it is. Just keep playing and see what happens. What is the ole saying?? To be the man, you got to beat the man. We have had so many wars over the last few years I am used to it. 

21 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

That’s a true statement! Y’all will find a way

Do think really good play comes in spurts. Even in 2019. District played well, Region didn’t but survived, state played pretty well. Just got to hope your team is focussed and poised at the right time. Kinda like this. If you play a team four times and lose and had to go to Loretto and you possibly lost means you would played a 2-3 zone five times. Had plenty of practice against it if it happend that way. So I am not going to worry about it. Thing that would worry me more than anything about going to Loretto or Summertown is their gym sizes. GC’s gym has been known to have 2000 fans in attendance or maybe more in Region and Sub-state. 

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Do think really good play comes in spurts. Even in 2019. District played well, Region didn’t but survived, state played pretty well. Just got to hope your team is focussed and poised at the right time. Kinda like this. If you play a team four times and lose and had to go to Loretto and you possibly lost means you would played a 2-3 zone five times. Had plenty of practice against it if it happend that way. So I am not going to worry about it. Thing that would worry me more than anything about going to Loretto or Summertown is their gym sizes. GC’s gym has been known to have 2000 fans in attendance or maybe more in Region and Sub-state. 

Yea y’all definitely travel well! 

11 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Where is Currie-Jelks going to play college ball at?