TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

25 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I will agree with that. Huntingdon will be a handful  next year. May be in tournaments this year. Beat South Gibson and Stewart County already. They have some shooters. #22 caught my eye last night. Got a beautiful shot. Got 2 really good post players. 

I do think the fillies are a year away.  The schedule has been challenging to say the least.  I am very impressed with Gibson County and how they play the game.  Much respect for the programs of westview, Gibson county and McKenzie.  They have it rolling right now.

4 hours ago, Olbagabones83 said:

Who's the top 5 in AAA if you had to go out on a limb right now in the season?

Greeneville should be making hotel arrangements in Murfreesboro. They have deep talent and a great coach in Annette Watts.

Grainger is not the team of last year, but still can get hot, so they shouldn't be ruled out.

Grainger plays in Greeneville on Friday. Greeneville did lose in Grainger a couple of weeks ago.

One factor in favor of Greeneville is having four-year starter, Grace Hayes, back in the lineup after missing much of the season. Hayes is always around the basketball, and should be in good shape by now. 

So, out of the east, I take Greeneville to go a long way in the tournament. Grainger could surprise tomorrow night.

I've seen Upperman play a few games and they are the only team not from the east whom I have seen. Upperman should make it to the state, also. Don't count them out.

Sorry I can't name 5 teams, but the above teams will make some noise this year. I'll leave the rest of the picks to those who have seen the good teams from Middle and West.

29 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

Greeneville should be making hotel arrangements in Murfreesboro. They have deep talent and a great coach in Annette Watts.

Grainger is not the team of last year, but still can get hot, so they shouldn't be ruled out.

Grainger plays in Greeneville on Friday. Greeneville did lose in Grainger a couple of weeks ago.

One factor in favor of Greeneville is having four-year starter, Grace Hayes, back in the lineup after missing much of the season. Hayes is always around the basketball, and should be in good shape by now. 

So, out of the east, I take Greeneville to go a long way in the tournament. Grainger could surprise tomorrow night.

I've seen Upperman play a few games and they are the only team not from the east whom I have seen. Upperman should make it to the state, also. Don't count them out.

Sorry I can't name 5 teams, but the above teams will make some noise this year. I'll leave the rest of the picks to those who have seen the good teams from Middle and West.

JSS & Page will be there. A lot of folks are picking Page to win it all, but I like JSS.

46 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

16 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

JSS & Page will be there. A lot of folks are picking Page to win it all, but I like JSS.

We played Grainger this summer. You could tell they had young talent trying to put it together but I watched Greenville a few times and they did look solid. I had forgotten about them. I noticed they lost to Grainger the first time they met, but best I remember they were tall and athletic. Seven pretty good teams are JSS, Page, Greenville, Upperman, Livingston Academy, Creekwood and Grainger just off the top of my head. We played Upperman as well. Do think AA is strong with 3 or 4 really strong teams and some good teams and AAA is a little more evened out with several good teams that could beat each other on a given day. Jackson South Side is so good defensively even on a bad shooting night I see them in  every game late.

6 hours ago, Olbagabones83 said:

Who's the top 5 in AAA if you had to go out on a limb right now in the season?

Something like this...

Page

Southside

White County

Livingston

Greenville

Upperman

Ok I can't count...but all these teams won't all make it out of sectionals so there needed to be more added.  And you can move 2 - 6 around and I wouldn't argue as they are very close.  Probably missing someone but IMO this is pretty close.

1 hour ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Something like this...

Page

Southside

White County

Livingston

Greenville

Upperman

Ok I can't count...but all these teams won't all make it out of sectionals so there needed to be more added.  And you can move 2 - 6 around and I wouldn't argue as they are very close.  Probably missing someone but IMO this is pretty close.

Does Gracie Dodgen still play for White County?? Her and my niece from GC were the top two in the state for three’s made 2019-2020 season. She had 126 and my neice had 123 and both are in the record books.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Does Gracie Dodgen still play for White County?? Her and my niece from GC were the top two in the state for three’s made 2019-2020 season. She had 126 and my neice had 123 and both are in the record books.

Gracie is currently knocking down 3's in the glass house for MTSU as a freshman.   Thank goodness.  She always lit us up! 

On 2/2/2022 at 2:18 PM, pioneer42 said:

I agree. Just like you gave yours I gave mine. We can talk and post about rankings all day, but it is just opinions. Who is your team if you don’t mind me asking?? Noticed you had MAHS and East Nashville pretty high. I agree both are pretty good. Have you seen either play?? 

Macon is my team and they are getting hammered after last year's state title but in two year they will be back strong for about five years. I seen east nash play last year i know they had some returning and very impressed with their size and speed is why i ranked them there. And again just  on an opinion.