TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

38 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Not at all! I am saying the refs took away a good game & made it about them. I hate when refs do that. Once Bartlett got down 10 they tied the game and then it was the and one & a tech. They was a 5 point swing & the ball which I believe Micah hit a 3 ball. So that’s 8 points really quick. Lol & your right y’all coach is great & I said y’all have a great program! But the refs love all Gibson County teams! Enjoy! Good luck in 2A! 

I bet both of the Hart girls had slap marks all over them from fouls. One of the refs was going to kick a GC Fan out of the gym in the first he liked GC so much. Don’t know what he said to the ref and he may have deserved to have been in Time Out mode. My take is the team that was doing all the fouling got frustrated and started arguing with the refs as well as the coach. 

4 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Classifications don’t mean anything, two years ago the best team in the state was Single A. 

That was a great team no doubt.  And agree classifications don’t matter.   But that’s pushing it on being the best team in state no matter classification.   There are levels from talent AND depth.  Some of the bigger schools would have given greenfield fits with size and depth.  That is not a knock on greenfield at all.  This schools have more freshman than greenfield has total students.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

That was a great team no doubt.  And agree classifications don’t matter.   But that’s pushing it on being the best team in state no matter classification.   There are levels from talent AND depth.  Some of the bigger schools would have given greenfield fits with size and depth.  That is not a knock on greenfield at all.  This schools have more freshman than greenfield has total students.  

No. That’s delusional thinking to say that.  Call it like it is. 

13 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

No. That’s delusional thinking to say that.  Call it like it is. 

He is calling it like it is. You saying it is delusional to think that Greenfield might not have been the best team in the state?? Guess people are forgetting the year before Loretto beat them by 11 and was a couple of missed FT’s from beating them again in Martin the following year. Greenfield needs to get into reality. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

South Side 48

South Gibson 32! Final! We played our best game of the year! 

Congratulations!! You guys very well could be the best team in 3 A. Loretto has seen a bunch of teams in Middle TN and they think very highly of you guys. Looks like your defense just shut them down.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Congratulations!! You guys very well could be the best team in 3 A. Loretto has seen a bunch of teams in Middle TN and they think very highly of you guys. Looks like your defense just shut them down.

Thanks. We have a few areas to clean up but overall I was impressed with my squad tonight in a hostile environment We definitely think highly of Loretto & Gibson County! 

Edited by HawkGuy06
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Thanks. We have a few areas to clean up but overall I was impressed my squad tonight in a hostile environment We definitely think highly of Loretto & Gibson County! 

Same here. I was kinda shocked at the margin of victory. Figured y’all would win, but thought it would be closer. South Gibson Fan said y’all’s defense was dialed in. He said they couldn’t get a shot off. 

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Same here. I was kinda shocked at the margin of victory. Figured y’all would win, but thought it would be closer. South Gibson Fan said y’all’s defense was dialed in. He said they couldn’t get a shot off. 

Yea I had us by 8-12. One of our coaches texted me & said we are dialed in. We been having crazy practices all week! Our girls are motivated & locked it. It’s tournament time. 

8 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea I had us by 8-12. One of our coaches texted me & said we are dialed in. We been having crazy practices all week! Our girls are motivated & locked it. It’s tournament time. 

Good deal. That’s what it takes. You got to want it and have that refuse to lose mentality. 

• Like 1