TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

3 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We started 2 seniors on “senior night” that usually don’t start. Our correct rotation will be in full force tonight! Not saying they will not struggle as well, but South Gibson is one of the best defensive team that we have played. They can shoot, we limited them to only 2 made 3’s. If we keep them in single digits at home we win by 8-12 points 

Will be interesting for sure. Will be electric. Your defense will be dialed in. Just don’t need to get in foul trouble. First time we played them we seen man and the second they played both. South Side needs to get points off of their TO’s and get in transition. 

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Will be interesting for sure. Will be electric. Your defense will be dialed in. Just don’t need to get in foul trouble. First time we played them we seen man and the second they played both. South Side needs to get points off of their TO’s and get in transition. 

Yea we expected zone the 1st game but they played tough man the entire game. So we expect zone & man. I seen the crew we have tonight & I will say what an interesting crew we have tonight. I am ready to head to SG now. It will be very interesting for sure 

15 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea we expected zone the 1st game but they played tough man the entire game. So we expect zone & man. I seen the crew we have tonight & I will say what an interesting crew we have tonight. I am ready to head to SG now. It will be very interesting for sure 

Will be interesting. I hope someone posts updates on here. I am headed to Loretto. I will post updates there. 

5 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

The fans that I was around was talking about how horrible the officiating crew was. I have to agree. The intentional foul the girl was trying to foul Micah & Micah was trying to avoid the foul. It was nothing dirty about that foul. The refs took a good game & made it about them! Was there some silly fouls yes, but don’t make it obvious like they did tonight! 

Who was their best player that only played 5 min.   Someone said #1 was the girl going to auburn and she definitely played more than 5 min.  As to all the foul calls.  When you play defense they way they tried to play you’re gonna get fouls called.  They couldn’t keep our guards in front and tried to use their hands too much imo.   I saw the red give the player that was T’d up a warning a few possessions earlier for mouthing.  So that explains that.  And to the flagrant foul I don’t believe there was anything dirty at all to it. But Micah got by here and she put 2 hands in her back to foul and that will be called 100% of the time.  At the end of the day GC just outplayed them.   Don’t try to putt it on the refs.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Who was their best player that only played 5 min.   Someone said #1 was the girl going to auburn and she definitely played more than 5 min.  As to all the foul calls.  When you play defense they way they tried to play you’re gonna get fouls called.  They couldn’t keep our guards in front and tried to use their hands too much imo.   I saw the red give the player that was T’d up a warning a few possessions earlier for mouthing.  So that explains that.  And to the flagrant foul I don’t believe there was anything dirty at all to it. But Micah got by here and she put 2 hands in her back to foul and that will be called 100% of the time.  At the end of the day GC just outplayed them.   Don’t try to putt it on the refs.  

agree with this post 100%.  Bartlett had an abundance of talent, but a lack of discipline.  That falls on coaching.  They had enough speed to gain positional control in their pressure D, but were constantly out of position and were using their bodies or reaching in without a clean path to do so.  The refs weren't great, but they weren't bad either.  Bartlett would've been in worse foul shape had that game been officiated in Middle TN.

5 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Lol I can put it on how I seen it! I was neutral, so you have your opinion I have mine! I love GC program but it’s no secret it’s a reason they don’t lose there! You call it how you see it & I will call it how I see it! 

I didn’t pay to watch the refs, yes Bartlett was fouling some but it was 10 fouls to 1. Then the refs started catching the fouls up, 13 to 7 I believe was the final total fouls. I knew one of the refs personally & it was horrible! Like I told @pioneer42 I wish GC the best of luck! I will call a game how I seen it! GC shot lights out from 3 and every run Bartlett had a tech or foul stopped the run. 

20 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Lol I can put it on how I seen it! I was neutral, so you have your opinion I have mine! I love GC program but it’s no secret it’s a reason they don’t lose there! You call it how you see it & I will call it how I see it! 

I didn’t pay to watch the refs, yes Bartlett was fouling some but it was 10 fouls to 1. Then the refs started catching the fouls up, 13 to 7 I believe was the final total fouls. I knew one of the refs personally & it was horrible! Like I told @pioneer42 I wish GC the best of luck! I will call a game how I seen it! GC shot lights out from 3 and every run Bartlett had a tech or foul stopped the run. 

All I’m saying is that you’re basically saying the refs are the reason GC pulled it out.  They led pretty much the entire game.   Played a great game.  Made clutch shots to put it away.  Bartlett didn’t have an answer and couldn’t get over the hump.  The reason GC doesn’t lose often in that gym is because they have a good program, good coach, and great fans that make it an advantage.  Not because of refs.   There were some questionable calls no doubt.  But I can name a few that went Bartletts way as well.  

Bartlett is definitely not the team that its hyped up to be. Calls are always iffy in GC, but they are well coached and play hard. 10-1 foul count is awful, no matter how undisciplined Bartlett was, GC was fouling too. Looked like Bartlett though they was just going to walk in there and run away with GC, but that will never happen in that gym. They are one of the best teams in the state for a reason no matter the class. That was a good non-district win for GC and maybe a humbling experience for Bartlett. They both have enough to make the trip in March.

23 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

Bartlett is definitely not the team that its hyped up to be. Calls are always iffy in GC, but they are well coached and play hard. 10-1 foul count is awful, no matter how undisciplined Bartlett was, GC was fouling too. Looked like Bartlett though they was just going to walk in there and run away with GC, but that will never happen in that gym. They are one of the best teams in the state for a reason no matter the class. That was a good non-district win for GC and maybe a humbling experience for Bartlett. They both have enough to make the trip in March.

I agree! I only came to see what the hype was all about. I wasn’t impressed at all but I love watching good basketball but I felt the refs took that away last night. That’s all I am saying. I agree GC along with Westview are some of the toughest places to play. 

53 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

All I’m saying is that you’re basically saying the refs are the reason GC pulled it out.  They led pretty much the entire game.   Played a great game.  Made clutch shots to put it away.  Bartlett didn’t have an answer and couldn’t get over the hump.  The reason GC doesn’t lose often in that gym is because they have a good program, good coach, and great fans that make it an advantage.  Not because of refs.   There were some questionable calls no doubt.  But I can name a few that went Bartletts way as well.  

Not at all! I am saying the refs took away a good game & made it about them. I hate when refs do that. Once Bartlett got down 10 they tied the game and then it was the and one & a tech. They was a 5 point swing & the ball which I believe Micah hit a 3 ball. So that’s 8 points really quick. Lol & your right y’all coach is great & I said y’all have a great program! But the refs love all Gibson County teams! Enjoy! Good luck in 2A! 

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I am not a basketball fan that thinks the refs need to start calling fouls just to even things up. GC didn’t overplay Bartlett and was in great defensive position all night and Bartlett did overplay and was in terrible defensive position all night. The refs let contact go in the first half and they didn’t in the second half. As far as the techs go, some times you play silly games you win silly prizes, but don’t know the details. Moral of the story for Bartlett. Ensworth learned it this summer at their play day and with their own refs. Two similar teams. Your not going to stroll around and go through the motions and beat good teams. Not trying to be cocky here, but GC don’t care how many D-1 players you got and there are many others that are the same way. They punch back when they get hit and like throwing the first punch as well. AA is proving their worth. Loretto beat Oakland by 40 points. 

Edited by pioneer42