TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

He is calling it like it is. You saying it is delusional to think that Greenfield might not have been the best team in the state?? Guess people are forgetting the year before Loretto beat them by 11 and was a couple of missed FT’s from beating them again in Martin the following year. Greenfield needs to get into reality. 

Didn’t mean to confuse, but saying one team is the best across all classifications without playing the same talent level or depth is insane. Union University as dominate as it was back in the day isn’t stepping up to D1 and doing what they did in their respective sub-division. 
Greenfield had a great team 2 years ago, but the tourney never finished. I’ve seen more than 4 undefeated teams get beat in the finals and it’s never declared until after it’s over brother. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

33 minutes ago, iswhatitis said:

Loretto team to beat in AA!! Summertown vs. Westview/GC In SubState match up could be a toss up. All teams must take care of business to get there, but would be some great games. Almost Tournament time!!

Four excellent teams. All four could win it all depending on how they are playing at the time. Speaking of Summertown, whoever has to guard Campbell will sleep well every night. Her motor runs wide open all the time. Knew she was good at state last year. When she decides she is going to the rim, she is almost unstoppable. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Four excellent teams. All four could win it all depending on how they are playing at the time. Speaking of Summertown, whoever has to guard Campbell will sleep well every night. Her motor runs wide open all the time. Knew she was good at state last year. When she decides she is going to the rim, she is almost unstoppable. 

Couldn't imagine how good she would be if she were 5'9 or taller.

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Didn’t mean to confuse, but saying one team is the best across all classifications without playing the same talent level or depth is insane. Union University as dominate as it was back in the day isn’t stepping up to D1 and doing what they did in their respective sub-division. 
Greenfield had a great team 2 years ago, but the tourney never finished. I’ve seen more than 4 undefeated teams get beat in the finals and it’s never declared until after it’s over brother. 

Don’t forget they were down to Summertown by 7 at half of State final/ know they won but just saying 

6 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Us over here at WV respect you too Hawk.  Our coaches are good friends and Coach B does a great job with SS. 

The respect is mutual for Westview as well! That was a Gibson County thing. Thanks! Yes him & coach are both SS alumni, so we definitely got lucky to keep them. I hope we get to watch 2A tourney. I am assuming/anticipating 

westview/Summertown 

gibson county/Loretto substate will be crazy! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

The respect is mutual for Westview as well! That was a Gibson County thing. Thanks! Yes him & coach are both SS alumni, so we definitely got lucky to keep them. I hope we get to watch 2A tourney. I am assuming/anticipating 

westview/Summertown 

gibson county/Loretto substate will be crazy! 

I don’t know how the matchups will settle if we all make it there, but it’ll be 2 good games if we do. I’m not saying we’re better than GC, because we got them once. But if we can get that hopefully 4th matchup, we’d much rather play at home than on the road. 

On 1/29/2022 at 12:09 AM, pioneer42 said:

Same here. I was kinda shocked at the margin of victory. Figured y’all would win, but thought it would be closer. South Gibson Fan said y’all’s defense was dialed in. He said they couldn’t get a shot off. 

I read that South Gibson had really good defense but it looked like they may have typed it wrong. South Side played a really good defensive game. They did not allow South Gibson to shoot comfortably or get many easy points. I don't know the percentage, but I didn't see a lot of jump shots go in for South Gibson. However, #1 from South Side caught fire in the 4th quarter and helped stretch the lead. South Side looks pretty good and I hear that these two will play for the district championship and possibly region. How does the other district compare?

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I read that South Gibson had really good defense but it looked like they may have typed it wrong. South Side played a really good defensive game. They did not allow South Gibson to shoot comfortably or get many easy points. I don't know the percentage, but I didn't see a lot of jump shots go in for South Gibson. However, #1 from South Side caught fire in the 4th quarter and helped stretch the lead. South Side looks pretty good and I hear that these two will play for the district championship and possibly region. How does the other district compare?

Not good. They will be 1 and 2 in District. Region you got Hardin County and McNairy, but both SS and SG will be favored. SG played good defense first matchup at SS. Don’t know about Fri. Game is at Martin tonight you asked in the other thread. To beat beat SS they have to control TO’s and keep SS from getting to the rim. And on offense quit playing timid and attack the rim when given the opportunity. Their problem is they are close a lot in the 4th quarter, but can’t finish. They need to learn how to win the big games.  

Edited by pioneer42