TOP 5 Teams each classification including Private

Tennesseepicks

27 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Not good. They will be 1 and 2 in District. Region you got Hardin County and McNairy, but both SS and SG will be favored. SG played good defense first matchup at SS. Don’t know about Fri. Game is at Martin tonight you asked in the other thread. To beat beat SS they have to control TO’s and keep SS from getting to the rim. And on offense quit playing timid and attack the rim when given the opportunity. Their problem is they are close a lot in the 4th quarter, but can’t finish. They need to learn how to win the big games.  

So Hardin and McNairy are the best two teams on the other side, I'll have to check their schedules out. Didn't Hardin go to state last year? 

If South Side plays defense like they did Friday, they will have a good chance down the stretch.

7 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

So Hardin and McNairy are the best two teams on the other side, I'll have to check their schedules out. Didn't Hardin go to state last year? 

If South Side plays defense like they did Friday, they will have a good chance down the stretch.

Yes but they lost some players. South Gibson beat them in a scrimmage week before season by double digits. Hardin and McNaairy are decent teams. Think they have a better shot at SG. SS gets their offense going going to be hard for anyone in the state to beat them. Their defense probably one of the best in the state.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Not good. They will be 1 and 2 in District. Region you got Hardin County and McNairy, but both SS and SG will be favored. SG played good defense first matchup at SS. Don’t know about Fri. Game is at Martin tonight you asked in the other thread. To beat beat SS they have to control TO’s and keep SS from getting to the rim. And on offense quit playing timid and attack the rim when given the opportunity. Their problem is they are close a lot in the 4th quarter, but can’t finish. They need to learn how to win the big games.  

We had same problem at Summertown 

1 hour ago, mofojoe said:

1A - 1. MCKENZIE 2.mahs 3. clay co 4.pickett 5.sunbright

2A 1. LORETTO 2.east nashville 3.gibson co. 4. westview 5.summertown

3A  1. PAGE 2. JACKSON SS 3. L.A. 4. Upperman 5. warren co

4A 1. Cookeville 2. blackman 3.coffe co. 4.bearden 5. bradley central

Just curious, how do you validate putting GC ahead of Westview when GC lost to WV @ GC?

GC could very well beat them their next meeting; however, I don't see how you can currently put them ahead of WV.

Also, what does E Nash have that makes you put them at 2?

4 hours ago, mofojoe said:

1A - 1. MCKENZIE 2.mahs 3. clay co 4.pickett 5.sunbright

2A 1. LORETTO 2.east nashville 3.gibson co. 4. westview 5.summertown

3A  1. PAGE 2. JACKSON SS 3. L.A. 4. Upperman 5. warren co

4A 1. Cookeville 2. blackman 3.coffe co. 4.bearden 5. bradley central

I’d prefer you put us around #7 or #8. At Westview, we don’t study too much or comment on rankings. Lol

33 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I’d prefer you put us around #7 or #8. At Westview, we don’t study too much or comment on rankings. Lol

Hah, that would just be Lunacy..  Right now, Loretto & Westview are the obvious 1 & 2.  That could change, but how things currently stand, any other ranking is either partial, hate, or ignorance..  lol

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Hah, that would just be Lunacy..  Right now, Loretto & Westview are the obvious 1 & 2.  That could change, but how things currently stand, any other ranking is either partial, hate, or ignorance..  lol

I don’t pay attention to any rankings or any comments about rankings. Could care less. Because it means nothing. I wished GC wasn’t ranked at all. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

That poster isn’t taking our opponents we lost to into account. Windward High (California) costs $50,000 per year and their coach just got hired by Phoenix(WNBA) to coach the pro women and it’s a basketball Mecca. It’s a prep school and puts several in D1 schools every year. I guess in LA, private schools do what our privates do too (athletic scholarships). The other loss was to a school with 2800 students (Homewood Flossmoor) from Chicago, Illinois and is a power program too. 

Our strength of schedule is not calculated accurately correctly every year because we go and play up somewhere.

In the end, it’s the games here that matter but it’s difficult scheduling when you have to take in the boys program as well. Some opponents don’t want to play both and we’re pretty rural too. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I don’t pay attention to any rankings or any comments about rankings. Could care less. Because it means nothing. I wished GC wasn’t ranked at all. 

I agree about rankings, but we both know you don't want GC to not be ranked.  if you aren't ranked at all, you aren't having the best season..  lol

but, l get ya!

7 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

That poster isn’t taking our opponents we lost to into account. Windward High (California) costs $50,000 per year and their coach just got hired by Phoenix(WNBA) to coach the pro women and it’s a basketball Mecca. It’s a prep school and puts several in D1 schools every year. I guess in LA, private schools do what our privates do too (athletic scholarships). The other loss was to a school with 2800 students (Homewood Flossmoor) from Chicago, Illinois and is a power program too. 

Our strength of schedule is not calculated accurately correctly every year because we go and play up somewhere.

In the end, it’s the games here that matter but it’s difficult scheduling when you have to take in the boys program as well. Some opponents don’t want to play both and we’re pretty rural too. 

agreed.  y'all played some powerhouse talent in that tourney & held your own.

• Like 1