Columbia Lions

Tata

Here's a question: Will he be able to implement the Wing T into Centrals football program? Will they accept it? I know the RPO is the dominant offense now and that offenses change and evolve but will it work in big boy football? I also know that some of the other larger schools still run the Wing T. It seems that they have been doing so for years, however.

Another thing; I remember when McCurry left Lynchburg for Lewisburg and brought that offense with him. They didn't fare too well. I'm not sure if that was due to the offense or kids or it seems like it may have been some type of coaching problem(s) from an assistant coach. I don't think he fared too well with it in Winchester, either.

1 hour ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Here's a question: Will he be able to implement the Wing T into Centrals football program? Will they accept it? I know the RPO is the dominant offense now and that offenses change and evolve but will it work in big boy football? I also know that some of the other larger schools still run the Wing T. It seems that they have been doing so for years, however.

Another thing; I remember when McCurry left Lynchburg for Lewisburg and brought that offense with him. They didn't fare too well. I'm not sure if that was due to the offense or kids or it seems like it may have been some type of coaching problem(s) from an assistant coach. I don't think he fared too well with it in Winchester, either.

We ran the wing-T this year

I have to imagine if Bobby Sharp took this job, Columbia is prepared to turn him loose and let him do things the way he wants to. The fact that he’s making big moves with his coaching staff is a good sign. They need to trust him and let him build the program from the ground up and have complete control. Ultimately, I have no dog in the hunt but still. This is a really good job if led in the right direction so I’m curious to see how it’ll go. 

As another poster mentioned, Columbia ran the wing-t under coach Moore. I have to imagine coach Sharp can run whatever offense he wants to run. 

16 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

You gotta do better than this! If you want E-cred, you have to talk in a manner those of us "not in the loop" can understand; such as "trustworthy" and "other places". What's all this "trust" and "not broken by me"? What former player (current coach)? 

All I'm seeing here are riddles, man. 

Thing is, I'm not looking for "cred" of any kind...this whole thing was Sharp's business, and I only knew of it from my very small part in trying to hire the man. The rest (other places, former player) isn't a secret at all...Coach communicated those things himself to us, but I'm still not the guy to put it out there. The thing with his former player is just a tidbit that I thought was hilarious because he and Sharp were talking about Sharp going there when someone posted a comparison of the two. Go back and read through the posts and solve your own riddle.

35 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Thing is, I'm not looking for "cred" of any kind...this whole thing was Sharp's business, and I only knew of it from my very small part in trying to hire the man. The rest (other places, former player) isn't a secret at all...Coach communicated those things himself to us, but I'm still not the guy to put it out there. The thing with his former player is just a tidbit that I thought was hilarious because he and Sharp were talking about Sharp going there when someone posted a comparison of the two. Go back and read through the posts and solve your own riddle.

you are only looking for cred my guy

39 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

"look at me. I know things. I'm more important that you" - @tradertwo probably

Nah, I'm more like...look at that jerk trying to call attention to himself by throwing other people's business out there.

You don't have to do the "@" thing when you reply either, you get a notification.

And last... I hope that you take all this banter as lightly as I do, and aren't too offended.