Marion County Warriors 2022

MarionMadness

8 minutes ago, Salem said:

I'm well aware of the history and shenanigans between these two schools. There are issues with many rivalries across the country that are played annually.  No issues with the rivalry when South Pitt was beating the brakes off of the Warriors. Not many people around the state bought the ridiculous excuse of cancelling because "they didn't want to chance being put on double probation" from the SP temp coach. 

"many folks are kin to each other" and "the rivalry goes back to 1924"

He's mansplaining this to a fan of a school named after a confederate general.

well, we wouldn't want anyone to be called a meannie doo doo head. so let's end the rivalry. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Salem said:

I'm well aware of the history and shenanigans between these two schools. There are issues with many rivalries across the country that are played annually.  No issues with the rivalry when South Pitt was beating the brakes off of the Warriors. Not many people around the state bought the ridiculous excuse of cancelling because "they didn't want to chance being put on double probation" from the SP temp coach. 

This one made ESPN 10 years ago and the current suspended head coach was in the middle of it.  1 game Jones wasn't a temp Coach.  He just can't stay put.  He is already with another CFL team. 

10 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

"many folks are kin to each other" and "the rivalry goes back to 1924"

He's mansplaining this to a fan of a school named after a confederate general.

well, we wouldn't want anyone to be called a meannie doo doo head. so let's end the rivalry. 

Francis Marion was a Revolutionary leader. 

20 minutes ago, Salem said:

So you’re telling me that a Jasper team that got destroyed in the playoffs would have won against a Sp team that won it all and that it was an excuse not to play them exactly 1 year after they cancelled the game an hour before kickoff to avoid being embarrassed for yet another year?

2 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

did he make everyone call him psycho?

Fransis "Swamp Fox" Marion had Banestre Tarleton and his superiors' knickers in a knot.  In fact that is where the nickname came from.  The British sent Tarleton to destroy him.   Tarleton chased his unit for over 26 miles through a South Carolina swamp, resulting in Tarleton supposedly saying "as for this darned old fox, the Devil himself could not catch him."

9 minutes ago, Pirateman28 said:

So you’re telling me that a Jasper team that got destroyed in the playoffs would have won against a Sp team that won it all and that it was an excuse not to play them exactly 1 year after they cancelled the game an hour before kickoff to avoid being embarrassed for yet another year?

I think they lost 7-0 in the playoffs with an injured qb. I wouldn't call that destroyed. Also the covid canceled game was just a couple weeks after they had beaten Fayetteville who sadly beat our Pirates in the title game. 

5 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

I think they lost 7-0 in the playoffs with an injured qb. I wouldn't call that destroyed. Also the covid canceled game was just a couple weeks after they had beaten Fayetteville who sadly beat our Pirates in the title game. 

Fayetteville also had about 7 starters that didn’t play against Jasper

26 minutes ago, Pirateman28 said:

I'm telling you the perception from around the state. One year after Marion cancelled for Covid reasons and was mercilessly ragged on here for being chicken. South Pitt cancels the series for a just as bogus a reason. 

Marion County was a different team with a mobile QB. They only had a 6 week window where everything was in place in 2021 and they were very good. The SP game would have fallen in that window,  Now's the part where if you've paid attention you'll remember SP was a cluster at the beginning of 2021. It's a testament to the interim coaches that they finished as strong as they did.

The rivalry is good for the players, the communities, and the entire state of TN high school football. The adults in the county need to get their acts together. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Salem said:

' ' '

The rivalry is good for the players, the communities, and the entire state of TN high school football. The adults in the county need to get their acts together. 

I agree with you in principle, but what the bleep was Jasper thinking hiring the current head coach?  He has been in the middle of 10 years of shenanigans which were perpetrated by the adults. Jasper dodged Whitwell in 2017 & 2018.  Lastly, your claim SP is afraid to play Jasper is ludicrous. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/10/30/tssaa-football-brawl-shelbyville-franklin-county-banned-2020-2021-playoffs/6083260002/

Edited by rlh