Marion County Warriors 2022

MarionMadness

44 minutes ago, rlh said:

I agree with you in principle, but what the bleep was Jasper thinking hiring the current head coach?  He has been in the middle of 10 years of shenanigans which were perpetrated by the adults. Jasper dodged Whitwell in 2017 & 2018.  Lastly, your claim SP is afraid to play Jasper is ludicrous. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/10/30/tssaa-football-brawl-shelbyville-franklin-county-banned-2020-2021-playoffs/6083260002/

Recon So! 

59 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

@Salem don't waste your time on the rivalry discussion. Will be better off just agreeing to disagree and use your time on other subjects. 

As for the game tonight, hopefully the rain holds off and both teams can get through injury free. Everybody have a safe trip up. Hopefully the warriors can start the season off on a good note. 

Translation- 

"Dont bring anything objective or interesting to the discussion..now buckle up while i recite every lame cliche in the book for 3 paragraphs."

Great stuff. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

Translation- 

"Dont bring anything objective or interesting to the discussion..now buckle up while i recite every lame cliche in the book for 3 paragraphs."

Great stuff. 

General, I enjoy your post 99% of the time. Have actually had some good discussion with you on here before about Forrest and Marion. Was just trying to tell Salem to save his time because no matter what he says, he is fighting a losing battle because it will be him vs 100. Those who shall not be named have quite a few that live on here and are one of the most active fan bases on the football boards. If he has the amount of time to waste on them, then go ahead and be my guest. The rivalry is dead for now and will hopefully come back in the future. It's a shame, and it hurts the pockets of both teams whether the adults will admit it or not. Was glad to hear an outsider perspective though, gave me a giggle. If you really are interested go back and look at the history of the rivalry. There has been streaks on both sides. What goes around comes around. With that said, I believe the majority of our fan base has been able to accept that it's over for now and move on to newer things. 

Was trying to shift the topic to the game and actually get something positive going. As you all are aware, we've had a bumpy start to the year and getting a W tonight would give us some positive momentum. We return some good ones and have a really good bunch of freshman. We were able to handle the jackets last year at home pretty easily, but we have some shoes to fill, especially at QB. 

Now, the floor is yours @GeneralForrest

Got out of there injury free and got some of the Youngbloods experience. Condra was solid tonight and got more than his fair share of carries with 4 tds. Pickett and Wilson played their part well tonight in the offense. Hope to see the ball get spread around more in the passing game. Need to eliminate some of the silly penalties going forward. Good luck to the jackets going forward, you guys have some tough games coming up. Looking forward to seeing the Warriors at home next Friday. 

2 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

20-0 MC with about 2 minutes left in the 1st half. Whoever said Condra wouldn't get that many carries tonight looks like they might be proven wrong. Shot ourselves in the foot a couple times. Hope to clean it up in the second half. 

That was me but I said with the injuries he probably would. Pickett sitting out and Leonard didn't carry much either. I love AC with the ball and if EJ gets his carries to help out it will be very hard for anyone to stop them. They are both a load and it wears on you for 4 qtrs. Once Pickett gets to play with his speed and the constant bruising of AC and EJ it will be fun to watch. Lots of young ones on the field but it's Condra's team this year. No doubt about that!!

32 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Got out of there injury free and got some of the Youngbloods experience. Condra was solid tonight and got more than his fair share of carries with 4 tds. Pickett and Wilson played their part well tonight in the offense. Hope to see the ball get spread around more in the passing game. Need to eliminate some of the silly penalties going forward. Good luck to the jackets going forward, you guys have some tough games coming up. Looking forward to seeing the Warriors at home next Friday. 

1 injury for the Warriors who left in an ambulance. Hope he's ok.

5 minutes ago, CoyDillard said:

1 injury for the Warriors who left in an ambulance. Hope he's ok.

Got to forgive this old geezer. Eyes aren't as good as they once were. Thought I seen Pickett on the field tonight. Do you know who the kid was that got injured? 

Condra ran with a mean streak tonight. Hope to see it continue. EJ had some nifty moves tonight once he got the ball in his hands. Looking forward to see how we progress next week. 

10 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

Got to forgive this old geezer. Eyes aren't as good as they once were. Thought I seen Pickett on the field tonight. Do you know who the kid was that got injured? 

Condra ran with a mean streak tonight. Hope to see it continue. EJ had some nifty moves tonight once he got the ball in his hands. Looking forward to see how we progress next week. 

Pickett didn't dress tonight out of precaution. #10 had an upper body injury. Did not look good but kids bounce back quick. 

Condra not getting carries didn't set well with a lot of people last year under Pruitt. He would bulldoze people for 20 or 30 yds and wouldn't carry again till the next series. If you got a horse ride him. 

Warriors didn't show much tonight because they didn't have to. Won't see a full playbook next week either. Lots to work on though. My youngun got to play so I was happy.