Karly Weathers

Americal198

21 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

I agreed that it was a foul.  Not looking for any rule change.  Not trying to dismiss any feelings either.  Just saying that to an outsider THAT SPECIFIC PLAY didn’t seem to be anything other than something that happens often in games and just happened to catch her just right to buckle her leg. Luckily she’s not hurt.   And I think most people would agree, even if they won’t admit it, that having your star in the game up by that many opens up the door for something like that to happen when it could be avoided.   It’s a fine line on when to pull them out.  And I’m not judging your coach at all there.  Did not mean to start a personal back and forth and have to be “advised” on how to act. 

Listen, the starters played the first quarter and usually play a couple of minutes in the 3rd coming out of halftime. This play was in the first minute of the 3rd quarter. And not bragging but we have played few games where our starters have played two quarters. Being in shape and being in game shape to play 4 quarters is 2 different things. We will have to play some 4 quarter games in the near future so what do you suggest we do? The 2 Summertown games, the Jackson So Side and Westmoreland games have honestly been the only games our starters have seen extended minutes. 

I don’t think the play was intentional but it was a foul and should’ve been called and the worst part is you have a scumbag official   making a statement like that? He should never do another game again. That entire crew allowed a lot of things both ways. Seeming to get the game over. 

2 hours ago, 1MustangFan said:

Giles Co boys team yelling overrated at Karly when she misses a shot when they’ve lost as many games this year as she has in the last  three season is a spectacular example of todays youth and their lack of awareness  lol

just kids being kids.  if you ask me, I'd say she's underrated.  Alabama is super lucky to be getting her!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1MustangFan said:

Listen, the starters played the first quarter and usually play a couple of minutes in the 3rd coming out of halftime. This play was in the first minute of the 3rd quarter. And not bragging but we have played few games where our starters have played two quarters. Being in shape and being in game shape to play 4 quarters is 2 different things. We will have to play some 4 quarter games in the near future so what do you suggest we do? The 2 Summertown games, the Jackson So Side and Westmoreland games have honestly been the only games our starters have seen extended minutes. 

I don’t think the play was intentional but it was a foul and should’ve been called and the worst part is you have a scumbag official   making a statement like that? He should never do another game again. That entire crew allowed a lot of things both ways. Seeming to get the game over. 

i watched you play at Christmas because I was curious how good your team was and it was a thirty minute drive to tullahoma to watch my granddaughter play earlier in the day in a tournament.  you were not challenged by Oakland but the varsity players seemed to play most if not all the game.  The next night was much tougher game versus tullahoma and was eight point game at halftime and 12 after third quarter.  your starters played almost the entire game that night and although tullahoma was undermanned I thought they played you well.  Oakland did not shoot well and had no answer for your transition offense.

6 minutes ago, EagleOldEyes said:

i watched you play at Christmas because I was curious how good your team was and it was a thirty minute drive to tullahoma to watch my granddaughter play earlier in the day in a tournament.  you were not challenged by Oakland but the varsity players seemed to play most if not all the game.  The next night was much tougher game versus tullahoma and was eight point game at halftime and 12 after third quarter.  your starters played almost the entire game that night and although tullahoma was undermanned I thought they played you well.  Oakland did not shoot well and had no answer for your transition offense.

We didn't play our best against Tullahoma & still won by 17 in their house. Only 2 teams have played us closer than 14 points.  Both were two of the better defensive teams in the state (Jackson South Side by 11, and Westmoreland by 7).  The game against Westmoreland (outside of Karly's performance) was one of our worst games of the year (early in the season).  

Karly is obviously our X Factor, but our girls play with immense heart.  They hustle from start to finish and they have 0 quit in them.  Super proud of the season they're having.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1MustangFan said:

Giles Co boys team yelling overrated at Karly when she misses a shot when they’ve lost as many games this year as she has in the last  three season is a spectacular example of todays youth and their lack of awareness  lol

Reminds me of a ric flair promo. "I've spent more money on spilt liquor in bars from one side of this country to the other than you made"  :lol:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

What happened to Liberty? They were the fourth team in that district. Regardless, it doesn't matter.

This was a con to me that was little bit under the radar. My biggest con was there would be teams in Murfreesboro that shouldn't be there. Simple. Seeing this, is totally unacceptable and that's why the games across the state are over basically at halftime. We just don't have the demand of teams to meet 5 classifications. Obviously, we all know what the product will be if we were to go down that path.

Part of the reason for the downfall of the Liberty girls basketball team is the Jackson Madison County School System. With their insistence on reopening JCM, an already a thin pool of talent in Jackson got even thinner. You can also blame the head coach and the administration at Liberty for not scouring the halls to find some players or raiding some other sports such as volleyball, soccer or softball in a hunt for girls willing to play some hoops. There is simply no excuse for a school the size of Liberty to not be able to field sports teams.

Jackson North Side girls have been in a dire situation for the last several years and participation had sunk to the point where they almost could not field a team. Their coach scoured the halls to find girls who were willing to learn to play basketball. They now have over 10 varsity players and earlier this year stopped a 73-game losing streak. What has happened to the Lady Indians is nothing short of miraculous. Coach Northcut most certainly deserves Coach of the Year consideration. His process is a blueprint for what should happen with the Liberty girls basketball program.

On 2/5/2022 at 12:15 AM, mas1821 said:

We didn't play our best against Tullahoma & still won by 17 in their house. Only 2 teams have played us closer than 14 points.  Both were two of the better defensive teams in the state (Jackson South Side by 11, and Westmoreland by 7).  The game against Westmoreland (outside of Karly's performance) was one of our worst games of the year (early in the season).  

Karly is obviously our X Factor, but our girls play with immense heart.  They hustle from start to finish and they have 0 quit in them.  Super proud of the season they're having.

I was still impressed with the defensive effort tullahoma had versus you all.  For it to be down to single digits in the fourth before they ran out of steam and put their subs in, I think they had a lot to do with you all not playing your best.  

25 minutes ago, EagleOldEyes said:

I was still impressed with the defensive effort tullahoma had versus you all.  For it to be down to single digits in the fourth before they ran out of steam and put their subs in, I think they had a lot to do with you all not playing your best.  

Your comments seems to question Loretto's ability on the court or your reasoning why we won by X number points.  If we played Tullahoma 10 times we probably would beat them 10 times.  I think they are a solid team and we just came off a thumping of  Lawrence County +38,  Oakland +37, Lakeway Christian + 29, and what I think may be the best in 3 A Jackson Southside +11 with our +17 over Tullahoma, all those games played  in a row.  I'm not sure what Loretto has to do to impress your line of reasoning.

3 hours ago, gogold said:

Your comments seems to question Loretto's ability on the court or your reasoning why we won by X number points.  If we played Tullahoma 10 times we probably would beat them 10 times.  I think they are a solid team and we just came off a thumping of  Lawrence County +38,  Oakland +37, Lakeway Christian + 29, and what I think may be the best in 3 A Jackson Southside +11 with our +17 over Tullahoma, all those games played  in a row.  I'm not sure what Loretto has to do to impress your line of reasoning.

Took the words right out of my mouth.