D1-AA State Predictions

Bump11

10 hours ago, BNAGrappler said:

Can't wait to see how the Brentwood and Ravenwood kids end up. Both seemed overlooked in the rankings all year. Ravenwood has come out of nowhere in the past couple years, but Brentwood has always seemed to do well at state. Wouldnt be surprised to see the kids from those schools do much better than people expect, especially at 113.

I think Gobel has a shot at 3rd but got a tough draw hitting Terrell in round two.  He will have to fight a long way back thru the Consols.  Albarati is a strong athletic kid but can be inconsistent.  He got a good draw.  If he can beat Johnson in round one, then I think he makes the semis.  If he loses to Johnson, then I don’t think he places.

17 hours ago, fooseball95 said:

No way Hicks beats Walker. Well there’s always that wrestlers chance because these are kids we are referring to. But I just don’t see it.

Like they are kids but this kid “hicks” is a tough wrestler been watching him. Also with a outstanding resources like Cumberland university in his back pocket…   being he is the son of the head coach at Cumberland I’m sure he doing some extra training like walker does. Just let them wrestle but don’t count the kid out till he’s out. I get walker is a Cleveland favorite and a tough competitor. I’m sure he does all the right things. I’m not taking away from him just do the other young man the same courtesy. Let them lace up everyone is entitled to a opinion. If ether win it won’t be a fluke they both put work in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nextlevelwreetling said:

Like they are kids but this kid “hicks” is a tough wrestler been watching him. Also with a outstanding resources like Cumberland university in his back pocket…   being he is the son of the head coach at Cumberland I’m sure he doing some extra training like walker does. Just let them wrestle but don’t count the kid out till he’s out. I get walker is a Cleveland favorite and a tough competitor. I’m sure he does all the right things. I’m not taking away from him just do the other young man the same courtesy. Let them lace up everyone is entitled to a opinion. If ether win it won’t be a fluke they both put work in. 

Didn’t say Hicks doesn’t work hard, or put in the work. And you’re right it’s almost time to lace em up. We shall return to this post Saturday evening. If Walker doesn’t win I’ll return here and eat crow haha.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Appvol said:

What are Max Norman chances at 145. When he finished 2nd at the Holy Angels it caught App St coach attention especially with him being a freshman.

Looks like if he wins first round then he gets Wittman from Franklin. That will be a tall task for him to get past I think. Should he lose there he would most likely end up with a previous years medalist in the consolation semis. I think he places but he will have to wrestle really well to finish top four and pull off an upset along the way.

58 minutes ago, JIII said:

Looks like if he wins first round then he gets Wittman from Franklin. That will be a tall task for him to get past I think. Should he lose there he would most likely end up with a previous years medalist in the consolation semis. I think he places but he will have to wrestle really well to finish top four and pull off an upset along the way.

Wrestling math (yeah I know). They have a common opponent in Finley Jameson.  Max pinned him.  Wittman wrestled Finley twice and lost by decision and fall.  I don't think the task is that tall.  Max should get to semis but beating Belcher is the real problem.

Edited by oceansize42

11 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

Wrestling math (yeah I know). They have a common opponent in Finley Jameson.  Max pinned him.  Wittman wrestled Finley twice and lost by decision and fall.  I don't think the task is that tall.  Max should get to semis but beating Belcher is the real problem.

Not sure if you watched the Jamison/Norman match. Jamison had Norman stuck in a cradle then slipped up and got pinned. I think that match will be closer than we think. 

14 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

But I do think Max beats Wittman. 

22 minutes ago, oceansize42 said:

DB is doing things right. After they graduated all those studs I thought they would pull a TN high and relatively just disappear. They are young and Norman is the leader of their youth movement. He has improved much (he started out pretty tough) from the beginning of the year. He will be a force for the next 3 years in TN wrestling.

Edited by noonesfool

8 minutes ago, Midtnwrestling1 said:

Not sure if you watched the Jamison/Norman match. Jamison had Norman stuck in a cradle then slipped up and got pinned. I think that match will be closer than we think. 

Had the cradle but was never close to the pin because he couldn't roll max.  Period expired, Max chose bottom, reversed, and then pinned.