D1-AA State Predictions

Bump11

16 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

DB is doing things right. After they graduated all those studs I thought they would pull a TN high and relatively just disappear. They are young and Norman is the leader of their youth movement. He has improved much (he started out pretty tough) from the beginning of the year. He will be a force for the next 3 years in TN wrestling.

No disrespect to DB but Max's foundation was laid by Joe Kemmerer and his own hard work.  Now DB's E3 is certainly going to help tremendously.  

Edited by oceansize42
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, FormerMoc said:

Those projections have the team race looking close... I thought the dual finals score was due to match-ups and familiarity. Is Cleveland actually vulnerable this year? And what happened to Chittum?

Chittum committed to Minnesota and stopped wrestling in any HS events.

Cleveland isn't vulnerable. They'll probably still win the individual tourney by 30-40 points. Bradley put together the perfect line up against Summit, then Wilson Central, then Cleveland to keep each close. Kudos to Bradley for those game plans but Cleveland is still the clear favorite. 

19 minutes ago, FormerMoc said:

Those projections have the team race looking close... I thought the dual finals score was due to match-ups and familiarity. Is Cleveland actually vulnerable this year? And what happened to Chittum?

I think the team race will definitely be closer than the past couple of years. Are they vulnerable though is hard to say. They have four kids most would agree to be finalist this year with probably five other placers. That’s 9 out of 11. Bradley has 11 going also followed by Dobbyns Bennet and Maryville with 10 each. Going to need some upsets I think to make the team race really tight.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

DB is doing things right. After they graduated all those studs I thought they would pull a TN high and relatively just disappear. They are young and Norman is the leader of their youth movement. He has improved much (he started out pretty tough) from the beginning of the year. He will be a force for the next 3 years in TN wrestling.

DB has come a long way from where they were. They have made huge steps starting with making their first state dual appearance right before 2010. Their middle school teams didn’t start until around 2005. With those growing and E3 building, you can see DB being relevant for a long time. They have had two guys, at the head, for a while, which consistency matters. Coach Mann was there for a long time and the program he took over, leaving Greeneville, couldn’t fill a whole team. Then when he left, the teams were state dual qualifiers every year and had guys placing in the state tournament almost every year. Coach Idlette has done a great job taking over and it looks like he will be there for a long time with a lot of successes as well. East TN wrestling is getting better and better which is a wonderful thing for the sport in Tennessee. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, GoTNwrestling said:

DB has come a long way from where they were. They have made huge steps starting with making their first state dual appearance right before 2010. Their middle school teams didn’t start until around 2005. With those growing and E3 building, you can see DB being relevant for a long time. They have had two guys, at the head, for a while, which consistency matters. Coach Mann was there for a long time and the program he took over, leaving Greeneville, couldn’t fill a whole team. Then when he left, the teams were state dual qualifiers every year and had guys placing in the state tournament almost every year. Coach Idlette has done a great job taking over and it looks like he will be there for a long time with a lot of successes as well. East TN wrestling is getting better and better which is a wonderful thing for the sport in Tennessee. 

I recommended to the administration they hire Coach Mann as my assistant in Greeneville. 4 years later I went into Administration and Buzzy was the Coach for 3 years. Coach left and I hired Bill Brimer away from TN High. I was able to pull Randy Shelton away from the Hill to be Bill’s Assistant and eventually take over the program. Coach Shelton was fourth in the state at 145 for Me in 1990.

3 hours ago, noonesfool said:

I recommended to the administration they hire Coach Mann as my assistant in Greeneville. 4 years later I went into Administration and Buzzy was the Coach for 3 years. Coach left and I hired Bill Brimer away from TN High. I was able to pull Randy Shelton away from the Hill to be Bill’s Assistant and eventually take over the program. Coach Shelton was fourth in the state at 145 for Me in 1990.

That’s awesome! Greeneville has been a force in the coaching realms for a long time, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. The pedigree of all the coaches, starting with you has been outstanding 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ummmno said:

Chittum committed to Minnesota and stopped wrestling in any HS events.

Cleveland isn't vulnerable. They'll probably still win the individual tourney by 30-40 points. Bradley put together the perfect line up against Summit, then Wilson Central, then Cleveland to keep each close. Kudos to Bradley for those game plans but Cleveland is still the clear favorite. 

Gotcha. I think dual meet formats need tweaking but that's a different discussion

3 hours ago, Ummmno said:

Dang its almost as if Hamm knows what he's doing and certain people on this board should take notes...

Yeah.  Although both of Cleveland’s 113 kids beat Nadeau this year yet Bosken isn’t ranked? I believe both Cleveland 113 kids are the only AA kids to last an entire match against Terrell. I am interested to see how Houston does because he hasn’t hit the top guys yet this year.