GC v. WV (Part 4)

LetsGoBrandon

31 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Yes, you are correct. I was kind of surprised about the zone concept, but I’m just a fan. It was anyone’s game after the 3rd quarter, and Haskins told them to start putting them up from deep and we started hitting. Harrison is still a little gimpy, but we took care of the ball tonight. Always enjoy the atmosphere and the GC fans, and hope y’all beat Summertown. Good luck. 

They didnt just start putting them up from deep in the 3rd. That's pretty much all they have done last few games. Started finding the bottom on a few was the difference. Jada looked solid to me. Without her, its a much different ballgame. Hopefully we can take care of business at home against Loretto. Have to beat the best to be the best!

Westview is tough.   Jada didn’t look quite 100% but she was way better than expected.  And got better as the game went on. Played every minute.  IMO the zone was a good strategy tonight.  GC had a chance in the 4th.  Just came down to westview having role players get hot which had been the story very game this year.  Harrison and Sims are gonna get theirs.  Just seems a different role player has stepped up each game. 

Now to move on….   What’s the thoughts on GC/Summertown and Westview/Loretto? 

• Like 1

I’m not sure there’s another team in the state that shoots the three ball like Westview does. Kylee Alexander lit it up tonight! As someone else stated, Jada was about 70% tonight, struggled in the first half but was pretty tough in the second half.

As for Westview and Loretto, I think Westview is the better team. I posted that on here a few weeks ago and caught some backlash but Westview simply has the better supporting cast around its star player. Karly is going to be tough to deal with, but I’ll take Westview on Saturday night.

I saw where Westview made at least 12 three pointers in the game. If they continue to make 12 three pointers in a game, then no reason to make the trip to Murfreesboro. But the Lady Chargers got hot, pretty much simple. They scored 14 in the first half and scored 38 in the second half. Regarding to the game, I do like Westview to win the game. 2 days off and not having to be on the bus for 2.5 hours is going to benefit them.

6 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I’m not sure there’s another team in the state that shoots the three ball like Westview does. Kylee Alexander lit it up tonight! As someone else stated, Jada was about 70% tonight, struggled in the first half but was pretty tough in the second half.

As for Westview and Loretto, I think Westview is the better team. I posted that on here a few weeks ago and caught some backlash but Westview simply has the better supporting cast around its star player. Karly is going to be tough to deal with, but I’ll take Westview on Saturday night.

No doubt. GC held them in check and then they start shooting 25 foot shots and take the lead. I am proud of GC. When girls can shoot NBA three’s and beat you sometimes you just get beat. I am not so sure GC has won the points in the paint in every game in a pretty big way and lost by getting outshot. My game plan playing a zone didn’t stop them. I was wrong. If GC plays them again I go to a facegurding man to man and do not leave them at all. They get to the rim they must get to the rim. Lot has to happen for GC to play them again, but I am proud of our girls. They played hard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Yes, you are correct. I was kind of surprised about the zone concept, but I’m just a fan. It was anyone’s game after the 3rd quarter, and Haskins told them to start putting them up from deep and we started hitting. Harrison is still a little gimpy, but we took care of the ball tonight. Always enjoy the atmosphere and the GC fans, and hope y’all beat Summertown. Good luck. 

You guys are a great team. Our crowd was engaged. It was a Mike Tyson brutal war for a while and you guys took the game over again from downtown. The Simms kid is a beast and Jada just is Jada. I hope the Lady Vols really start watching these TN girls play basketball. Jada is one of the best PG’s in the nation. Great effort and leadership by a kid that took a bad injury 48 hours ago. Both programs are really special and the passion and energy that was in that gym was one of a kind. Score don’t do the game justice. It was a war.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Alabama was in there tonight watching Jada. Would be nice to see her at Tennessee, but Alabama wants her pretty bad.

I am a TN fan and it is terrible Harper letting these great PG’s get out of here. Chloe, Karly and now Jada possibly getting out of here. Unreal and the Lady Vols are TO machines. I am not 100% sure of this, but I don’t think I have seen Jada have 1 TO in four games against us. 

Edited by pioneer42

9 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I am a TN fan and it is terrible Harper letting these great PG’s get out of here. Chloe, Karly and now Jada possibly getting out of here. Unreal and the Lady Vols are TO machines. I am not 100% sure of this, but I don’t think I have seen Jada have 1 TO in four games against us. 

Tennessee is recruiting her… Kellie is doing a great job, just have to give her some time. She got a big time commitment today and another on the way from what I hear that will make Tennessee a national contender heading into next season.