Westview vs Loretto

sportslover88

10 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview vs Loretto Saturday night in Martin in substate….do or die…winner goes to state! The environment will be like it’s a state tournament game for sure!! Who do you have? What’s the keys for each team?

Loretto has to do a major reset.  They need to go back to their strength, ball movement.  Create driving lanes and open 3's with said ball movement.  If this was November-Jan Loretto, I'd be confident in the Mustangs taking this game regardless of venue, but this is Feb/March Loretto.  And Feb/March Loretto needs to do some soul searching to avoid a very bad showing against a great WV team. 

Edited by mas1821

7 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview vs Loretto Saturday night in Martin in substate….do or die…winner goes to state! The environment will be like it’s a state tournament game for sure!! Who do you have? What’s the keys for each team?

Loretto is the favored and the #1 team in the State. WV is playing at home. I’m a homer, and I think it’ll be a close game. 

We’re going against one of the best players in Tennessee. Should be fun. Go Chargers!

5 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Loretto is the favored and the #1 team in the State. WV is playing at home. I’m a homer, and I think it’ll be a close game. 

We’re going against one of the best players in Tennessee. Should be fun. Go Chargers!

You’re not fooling anyone with this underdog story for westview.  You haven’t been beaten in the state of TN this year and are 4-0 against a very good GC team.  Will be at home.  Westview is the favorite in a close one.  

47 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

You’re not fooling anyone with this underdog story for westview.  You haven’t been beaten in the state of TN this year and are 4-0 against a very good GC team.  Will be at home.  Westview is the favorite in a close one.  

We respect Loretto and know they’re a great team. Their 2 losses are to Regional Champions. They put up a lot of points and like to get up and down the court. If we can handle their pressure & length, we will have a shot. WV isn’t afraid, that’s not what I’m saying. We recognize who they have on their team and how they play. It’s respect, not fear. 

21 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

We respect Loretto and know they’re a great team. Their 2 losses are to Regional Champions. They put up a lot of points and like to get up and down the court. If we can handle their pressure & length, we will have a shot. WV isn’t afraid, that’s not what I’m saying. We recognize who they have on their team and how they play. It’s respect, not fear. 

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

Loretto has to do a major reset.  They need to go back to their strength, ball movement.  Create driving lanes and open 3's with said ball movement.  If this was November-Jan Loretto, I'd be confident in the Mustangs taking this game regardless of venue, but this is Feb/March Loretto.  And Feb/March Loretto needs to do some soul searching to avoid a very bad showing against a great WV team. 

Loretto’s 40 point beating of Oakland says enough about them. It didn’t suprise me that Summertown and GC both came to play and split. Westview is just a great team. They don’t turn the ball over at all, they have a big post presence, a PG that is great and shooters all over the place that can shoot from way out. Loretto is a 2-3 matchup zone team and I don’t think that is an advantage against Westview. I called for GC to play a zone and it was a good a while, but they adjusted. Keep in mind we seen Loretto go in a little lull last year and they snapped out of it. Two of the best teams no doubt. Do think Barr could be a factor in this matchup. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I said it a few weeks ago and was criticized. I just don’t think Loretto’s role players are as good as Westview’s. They may prove me wrong Saturdays, but I think Westview is the better team and wins this game.

I have watched both play and I think both teams can shoot it. We have been waiting for Westview to cool off and they hadn’t and Loretto has a little. Both teams are great teams. Think Westview is in much better shape at post and that is where I think GC would have attacked them. Never really know. They both like to shoot the three ball and whoever is hitting the shots will win. 

46 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Loretto just became the underdog.  The region fell perfect for Gibson County and Westview.  This was Loretto’s year for a Gold Ball but not any more, Westview just became the favorite. Gibson County can beat Summertown on the road. 

WV appreciate the vote(s) of confidence, but WV isn't studying anything about a Gold Ball at this point. We have to get there first and there's a "tall" task in front of us and a prolific team in Loretto. I assure you WV is solely focused on Loretto & their Ms. Basketball candidate,  and are planning on a 4th quarter dog fight. I anticipate a large & rowdy crowd. On a side note, we're also hoping for our neighbors to win in GC, McKenize, Gleason, & Dresden. 

1 hour ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

WV appreciate the vote(s) of confidence, but WV isn't studying anything about a Gold Ball at this point. We have to get there first and there's a "tall" task in front of us and a prolific team in Loretto. I assure you WV is solely focused on Loretto & their Ms. Basketball candidate,  and are planning on a 4th quarter dog fight. I anticipate a large & rowdy crowd. On a side note, we're also hoping for our neighbors to win in GC, McKenize, Gleason, & Dresden. 

I agree and wish you guys good luck as well. Loretto may have the best resume in the state. Beat Oakland by 40 and Lakeway Christian by 40, Lawrence County twice I think by 40, beat a really good MS team on the road by double digits, beat South Side by 11, Westmoreland by 7, beat a really good Summertown team 3 out of 4. I think both of y’all could beat any team in the state in any classification on any given day. Both very fundamental and disciplined ball teams. Proud of Jada coming back last night. You could tell she wasn’t 100% and played with a ton of heart. We all want to win but we want our players healthy. Hope she continues to recover. 

• Like 1