Summertown vs Gibson County

pioneer42

Two teams that to me are kinda mirror images of one another. Both like to get after it and play aggressive. Will be a great matchup. Both teams coming in with confidence. Summertown with the big win over Loretto and GC played Westview tough as well and played really well in the Region Tournament. I know all eyes have been on these four teams since they re-classified teams across the state. These four have been four of the best programs in the state of TN the last several years. Ought to be interesting.

29 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Two teams that to me are kinda mirror images of one another. Both like to get after it and play aggressive. Will be a great matchup. Both teams coming in with confidence. Summertown with the big win over Loretto and GC played Westview tough as well and played really well in the Region Tournament. I know all eyes have been on these four teams since they re-classified teams across the state. These four have been four of the best programs in the state of TN the last several years. Ought to be interesting.

I wish we could come support y’all! 

gibson County pulls the upset in Summertown 54-50

Westview 47

Loretto 45

1 hour ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I wish we could come support y’all! 

gibson County pulls the upset in Summertown 54-50

Westview 47

Loretto 45

Just got through listening and watching the Summertown Loretto game. Summertown did play well, but Loretto didn’t look like the Loretto early in the year. Summertown also with 11 Turnovers in the first half while neither team was pressing. Loretto also playing man to man all night. Kind of shocking. 

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Just got through listening and watching the Summertown Loretto game. Summertown did play well, but Loretto didn’t look like the Loretto early in the year. Summertown also with 11 Turnovers in the first half while neither team was pressing. Loretto also playing man to man all night. Kind of shocking. 

If GC plays the way they have the last 2 games, I think GC will squeak out a victory on the road. Wilkins is a genius in one game (do or die) tourney games. 

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Should be good game and I’m sure win or lose will represent our part of the state admirably / we’ve both been there done  that for lot of years so shouldn’t be scared of the big stage / been a fun ride this year to see Summertown grow as a team - we didn’t know what to expect after loosing so much from last year - just so proud of them 

10 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

The region games fell perfect for Westview and Gibson County, both can win now.  They don’t either have to go to Loretto and Westview can beat Loretto at home. Gibson County will beat Summertown on the road. 

Be no cakewalk either way - we shall see - talk cheap 

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah, I don't know what has happened Pioneer.  From which personnel get what amount of playing time, to defensive approach, to offensive strategy.  It has all changed.  It wasn't broken, so I'm not sure why so much has changed over the course of the past month.  

35 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

The region games fell perfect for Westview and Gibson County, both can win now.  They don’t either have to go to Loretto and Westview can beat Loretto at home. Gibson County will beat Summertown on the road. 

12 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Yeah, I don't know what has happened Pioneer.  From which personnel get what amount of playing time, to defensive approach, to offensive strategy.  It has all changed.  It wasn't broken, so I'm not sure why so much has changed over the course of the past month.  

Greenfield Summertown looked really good last night. The big three was all engaged. Ball movement has slowed it looks like for Loretto. Honestly they have played a gauntlet of a schedule. Seen where Oakland played Blackman last night for the Region Title. Offense is definitely not the offense I seen late in January with ball movement, setting screens and making cuts in the lane. I have watched Loretto many times and I haven’t seen them play man hardly any. Always the 2-3 matchup zone and I don’t know if they played that last night. I have always envisioned Loretto/Westview being a 2-3 zone vs a 2-3 zone. Will be interesting both of these games. Prayers for all teams safety for sure. Glad to see Jada bounce back last night. We want everyone to be healthy. Never can tell about a team. Loretto made this trip last year to West TN and played well. 

57 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Be no cakewalk either way - we shall see - talk cheap 

You know Summertown has GC’s full attention for sure. I have said all along before the first tip off that Summertown would be a major force. Thought Burleson really showed out in the second half. Campbell and Burdette were beasts as well. Congratulations to you guys on a great win last night.

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

The pressure has turned up… it’s postseason basketball. I’d be interested in seeing Loretto’s scoring from last night.