AA State Tournament Matchups

westtn12

14 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We have lost five times and hadn’t blamed refs one time. When TSSAA says you got screwed, you got screwed. 

In fairness, T$$AA has been openly screwing people for years. Just ask York, they were banned from the postseason. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

We have lost five times and hadn’t blamed refs one time. When TSSAA says you got screwed, you got screwed. 

To say Childress would openly say you got screwed is ludicrous.  Be a grown up say the ball didn’t bounce our way.  You all had a very good season many teams would be happy with. To take away from you team by blaming the refs and making statements like that is crazy.  

• Like 1

Why don’t everyone get out of TSSAA and form their own association bet we could do better and EVERYONE  will be happy then - oh yea have to get better refs too which shouldn’t be to hard - where we going meet first time Middle East or west - just kidding only me i by myself could do it right 

15 minutes ago, option76 said:

To say Childress would openly say you got screwed is ludicrous.  Be a grown up say the ball didn’t bounce our way.  You all had a very good season many teams would be happy with. To take away from you team by blaming the refs and making statements like that is crazy.  

Truth is the truth. 

I don't have ties to either team and as an outsider who watched the game...Yes, the refs were a huge reason for GC loss, however, also part of that on GC. Lots of missed rebounds and changes to starters vs players. If it were me, I would've played the same players as I did in Summertown and hope for the same magic. 

That tech was ridiculous from what I understand. I feel bad for GC because I feel like they have some rebuilding years ahead of them. I hope this isn't their last appearance for awhile. 

As for everyone else, here's to hoping Jada Harrison and her team wipes the floor with them. Looking forward to postseason AAU play. TN has definitely caught the eye of us surrounding states! 

53 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Reason they had zero points is because they got fouled four or five possessions before the tech. Don’t give me that BS. You got your Christmas present early this year. Ref was obviously a York guy. No way these calls go that way unless he is connected. Total BS.

Crybaby

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, option76 said:

So to say York won because of officials is not disrespectful to the players, parents and fans from York?  Officials are human and will continue to be part of a game.  Never heard a winning team complain about the officials.  GC had a good team just as York does. Refs  will always be a part of the game and if your team loses it’s the easiest thing to blame them, been there done that. And I’m sure I’ll be complaining about it again but I also know to let it go and say maybe next time it will bounce our way.  

Let em cry! Good luck in the semis!!

• Like 1

From someone who was there with no bias...Ref's ruined a classic battle. Absolutely no debate about the no call out of bounds, as that's black and white. Clearly the ref caused the ball to return to play after contact while he was out of bounds, and any rookie should know that. Second is the tech...I have seen refs take some verbal abuse and look the other way when a tech was warranted to avoid doing what that particular official jumped at. Whatever the circumstances, you don't alter the course of the game in that manner. The final margin was 3, ref definitely gave York 2 of those, and in all honestly probably changed the tactical approach for both teams. Do I think York wins without those two miscues? The real answer is that I don't know, and that I feel robbed of ever knowing.