Anderson County Mavericks 2022

olhickory

Maybe one of largest crowds in recent memory, and I think everyone got their money's worth.   Mavs get the win over Powell.  The pregame atmosphere was electric.  Both teams looked the part.  Mavs took the opening drive 90 yards in 8 minutes chewing up the clock, and went up 7-0.  Powell struggled from the beginning.  Potts was running for his life, as AC brought the pressure.  Mavs offense scored on all by two possessions all night.  The defense played well.  Noe had over 100 yards in the first half splitting reps with Moog.  Martinez and Vowell, Miller did what they do and threw the ball at will on Powell's secondary.  Eli Braden had TD called back on a Kick Return and had another long run on a return called back.  Play of the game might have been Cole's Pick 6 from 40 yards out.  He made an outstanding run through traffic and into the endzone.  Powell's QB, Potts was injured about drive number 3 , prayers for him.  He is a very good player, and was running to throw from the first play as AC brought pressure all night.  Mavs head up to Johnson City to play at Spurrier's house this week.  Science Hill had a big win in the opener up there.  6A Science Hill maybe one of the biggest schools in the state.  Looks like Pals will be on the menu.  Mavs hit on all cylinders last night,  and will need to bring their A game to Johnson City next week. 

4 hours ago, olhickory said:

Maybe one of largest crowds in recent memory, and I think everyone got their money's worth.   Mavs get the win over Powell.  The pregame atmosphere was electric.  Both teams looked the part.  Mavs took the opening drive 90 yards in 8 minutes chewing up the clock, and went up 7-0.  Powell struggled from the beginning.  Potts was running for his life, as AC brought the pressure.  Mavs offense scored on all by two possessions all night.  The defense played well.  Noe had over 100 yards in the first half splitting reps with Moog.  Martinez and Vowell, Miller did what they do and threw the ball at will on Powell's secondary.  Eli Braden had TD called back on a Kick Return and had another long run on a return called back.  Play of the game might have been Cole's Pick 6 from 40 yards out.  He made an outstanding run through traffic and into the endzone.  Powell's QB, Potts was injured about drive number 3 , prayers for him.  He is a very good player, and was running to throw from the first play as AC brought pressure all night.  Mavs head up to Johnson City to play at Spurrier's house this week.  Science Hill had a big win in the opener up there.  6A Science Hill maybe one of the biggest schools in the state.  Looks like Pals will be on the menu.  Mavs hit on all cylinders last night,  and will need to bring their A game to Johnson City next week. 

It's Great to wake up in the Morning seeing A Great win! Come Monday morning the players need to calm down LOL I know because I can't. It's like being teenager all over again LOL.

Enjoy your post and the credit you give the Mav kids. I will have to say the Coaching staff may be the best in the state. The offense has always been good but this year they seem more Methodical with Chadwell and Davey together like before. They are giving it what appears more rest time to the Defense. OL done really good let a couple of guys through unexpectedly quicker. Potts ( Hope Potts make a full recovery for Powell) when he played had all sorts of trouble finding a receiver this looks very promising. D did get tricked on the short TD pass. Broken coverage I think.

This will be another Great win for the Mavs against Powell. I remember the one year I drove 18 hours from Montana to see the 2009 upset at Powell 41-35. In those days for Mavs it was really an upset and that's when all this was in the making to where we are now and will be for the Mavs.

Setting on Davey couch that night and told him the Dynasty has just begun he laughed but agreed LOL.

Great job Mavericks this Dream Team may just come true. But 1 game at a time!

Edited by Mavericksinflight

On 8/11/2022 at 11:32 AM, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah hired D coach. I hope AC was testing the field with West because from what I always seen West has one the best Defense. If not mistaken should have had Powell in a game last year. So at least test shows where we are at. You are absolutely right AC for a few years always ran out of gas. Going both ways is tuff but with a new D coach hopefully this will make the difference this year. The D coach prayerfully will be ready for a big challenge with Powell. But a lot of work to do after West Game. 

We will be fine the conditioning is already ahead of where it has been. Everyone needs to jump on this train before there is no more room. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2022 at 2:18 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

It's Great to wake up in the Morning seeing A Great win! Come Monday morning the players need to calm down LOL I know because I can't. It's like being teenager all over again LOL.

Enjoy your post and the credit you give the Mav kids. I will have to say the Coaching staff may be the best in the state. The offense has always been good but this year they seem more Methodical with Chadwell and Davey together like before. They are giving it what appears more rest time to the Defense. OL done really good let a couple of guys through unexpectedly quicker. Potts ( Hope Potts make a full recovery for Powell) when he played had all sorts of trouble finding a receiver this looks very promising. D did get tricked on the short TD pass. Broken coverage I think.

This will be another Great win for the Mavs against Powell. I remember the one year I drove 18 hours from Montana to see the 2009 upset at Powell 41-35. In those days for Mavs it was really an upset and that's when all this was in the making to where we are now and will be for the Mavs.

Setting on Davey couch that night and told him the Dynasty has just begun he laughed but agreed LOL.

Best coaching staff by far! 

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2022 at 9:52 AM, olhickory said:

Chills at the pregame, chills down on the sidelines, chills after the win and chills at the waffle house after. Mavs are here to go to Chatt-town this year. 

On 8/20/2022 at 2:18 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

Where did you live at in Montana DG? Beautiful up there. It was an great atmosphere didn't look like there was a seat in the house or a dry eye after. 

On 7/25/2022 at 7:44 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Regardless of who you are, one thing that is not allowed on coach T is bashing kids. Whether or not it’s true is irrelevant. I know nothing of the situation but airing a kids dirty laundry is not allowed on here. I advise you to please drop it. 

@CoachT

The Truth keep it among us former coaches. 

On 5/21/2022 at 1:10 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

Great game Caldwell was QB now Coastal Carolina Head coach,  Gillum current head coach of Mavs at running back and Curtis La Rue speedster receiver and a Great head coach Kerr. This was a disaster for Cleveland with Nations longest winning streak. They were caught of guard and while the offense scored at will the Defense was one of the best the Mavs have ever put together. 3 and outs for Cleveland was killing them and then the inability to adjust to Kerr Caldwell Gillum and La Rue was an all time great Mavericks win. The Mavs went ahead and held it to send Cleveland home with the heads hanging low. Boy that game brings back memories!!!

Why didn't they play Oak Ridge, Clinton or Maryville during those years.