2022 2A Region 5 Football

cascadehomer

On 3/14/2022 at 3:50 PM, GeneralForrest said:

Cascade was an overhyped joke last year. Yet many on here were predicting them to win the region until the last 2 weeks of the season. No reason to suspect they will metamorphosize this year. They will still be poorly coached, undisciplined, and they might beat a team or two they aren't supposed to, but even Eli can take this bunch.  

This is proving to be right…

Summertown is not going to the playoffs. 

The winner of Mt Pleasant- Richland is winning the Region if they both win out besides that game. The other team will be the 2 seed.

That means Forrest, Cascade, and Loretto duke it out for the final 2 spots. Loretto has already beaten Forrest. 

Almost every week has massive implications now. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

Summertown is not going to the playoffs. The winner of Mt Pleasant- Richland is winning the Region if they both win out besides that game. The other team will be the 2 seed. That means Forrest, Cascade, and Loretto duke it out for the final 2 spots. Loretto has already beaten Forrest. Almost every week has massive implications now. 

Two worst teams from 2021 are tops through week 5. Loretto would be #3 seed rn because of head-to-head win vs Forrest. Cascade and Summertown are outside looking in for a playoff spot.

As you said, MTP and Richland are in the driver's seat if they win out. Forrest is #1 if Loretto loses another region game and Forrest runs the table.  The team who can stay healthy til the end will likely determine who wins this region. MTP had a key injury last Friday. 

1 Mt. Pleasant 2-0 100.0% 4-0 100.0%
2 Richland 2-0 100.0% 4-0 100.0%
3 Forrest 1-1 50.0% 3-2 60.0%
4 Loretto 1-1 50.0% 2-3 40.0%
5 Cascade 0-2 0.0% 2-3 40.0%
6 Summertown 0-2 0.0% 1-4 20.0%

Admittedly things are looking good so far this year. I’ve seen 4 of the 6 teams live so far and I do think that Richland has a shot to be at or near the top at the end. However lets not forget that we are 2-0 against the two 0-2 region teams. Still can’t understand Mt P playing Columbia Central right in the middle of the region schedule  . Didn’t know they had an injury Friday but I do hope the young man is back soon. I think the physical play of the Raiders will be something that’s hard for the Tigers to endure for 4 qtrs. 

Loretto will be tough if they have time to throw the ball down the field

no clue yet what to expect for Forrest, they seem to have a different mind set every week.. 

3 minutes ago, utpoolman said:

Still can’t understand Mt P playing Columbia Central right in the middle of the region schedule  . Didn’t know they had an injury Friday but I do hope the young man is back soon. I think the physical play of the Raiders will be something that’s hard for the Tigers to endure for 4 qtrs. 

no clue yet what to expect for Forrest, they seem to have a different mind set every week.. 

I agree with your logic and Richland is sitting in a good position. Forrest scheduled a physical Marion County team right before their important region games. We cannot afford any more injuries.  MtP top receiver went down with a leg injury last week. He's their best player, IMO.