Way too early AAA 22-23 top teams prediction

crow6424

9 minutes ago, maddams said:

Both South Gibson and South Side schedules are in Coach T.  Both look pretty solid to me. 

South Gibson has home and homes with Dyersburg, Crockett County, and Gibson County; they should all be strong.  They are at McCracken Co (Ky), who is usually really good.  Also play a strong TCA team and are going to Christmas tournaments at White County and Florida.

South Side has Gibson County, TCA, McKenzie and Covington.  They also play Hewitt-Trussville (AL) and Cardinal Ritter (MO); both those teams will be good.  They are going to a different Florida tournament.  

Talking to different coaches, the Florida tournaments are hit or miss.  Some of the tournaments are strong and some are terrible.  

I am ready for Tuesday and Friday Nights! I think they both will be the premier AAA teams from West Tn no matter who is on their schedules. I am predicting deep runs and good 4 good battles between the two.

9 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

oh they will def play 4 times. nobody in their district/region will compete with them. 

Last year both teams had three teams in their Districts. Have to have a ton of non-District opponents which they can’t find to have a schedule. Your one of the main one’s who is in favor of these three team Districts and then you want to take shots at their schedules. Both of these schools had multiple days off before Tournaments. 

On 10/21/2022 at 7:38 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

South Gibson and South Side's non district schedule better be a lot better than last year. Looking at a lot of their games and it was running clock. That doesn't get them ready for the Post season. I know that the boys team has to be considered but if the boys and girls coach worked together they can get some good games for both girls and boys. I am interested to see their schedules. 

Why don’t you be a consultant to both since you think this four class business is so great and you have their schedules all figured out. 

Edited by pioneer42

On 10/21/2022 at 11:19 PM, pioneer42 said:

Why don’t you be a consultant to both since you think this four class business is so great and you have their schedules all figured out. 

If the T$$AA would have went with the recommendation there would not be an issue. But they didn't and now you have a bunch of 2A teams, a lot of 1 A teams and both 3 and 4 A struggle to make a district. It can be done and the recommendation would have made it work a lot better than what they are doing now. 

Also, this is bigger than girls basketball at Gibson County. If you see this situation through one school then you see it wrong. South Gibson and South Side have plenty of opportunity to play a great schedule with the 4 classes. Just go play good teams. I'm sure both those school will but I want to see their schedule and you better believe back in my day I could set both of their schedules and get them ready for post season. BUT BOTH OF THOSE COACHES KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING and I'm sure they will be ready for post season.  Embrey and McNeal are two of the best in the business.

Now... take your Gibson County Girls glasses off, stop crying, put your big boy pants on and compete in that tough district. It will get you ready for post season. 

Just sayin. 

8 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

If the T$$AA would have went with the recommendation there would not be an issue. But they didn't and now you have a bunch of 2A teams, a lot of 1 A teams and both 3 and 4 A struggle to make a district. It can be done and the recommendation would have made it work a lot better than what they are doing now. 

Also, this is bigger than girls basketball at Gibson County. If you see this situation through one school then you see it wrong. South Gibson and South Side have plenty of opportunity to play a great schedule with the 4 classes. Just go play good teams. I'm sure both those school will but I want to see their schedule and you better believe back in my day I could set both of their schedules and get them ready for post season. BUT BOTH OF THOSE COACHES KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING and I'm sure they will be ready for post season.  Embrey and McNeal are two of the best in the business.

Now... take your Gibson County Girls glasses off, stop crying, put your big boy pants on and compete in that tough district. It will get you ready for post season. 

Just sayin. 

No sir. I don’t have a desire to have 115 teams in AA and AAA and about 50 in A and 50 in AAAA. I look after my school especially when dumb suggestions are made for a money grab. All to make more $$$. I am not crying. You are the one telling teams like South Gibson and South Side they are playing soft schedules. Kinda hard to schedule about 25 non-District  games for each school when they have four District games for the year. Why don’t you start going out and watching games and start studying these teams around here?? Not but about 5 or 6 really good teams a year in West TN. Easy to get on a keyboard and tell schools to play tough teams when there is not that many in West TN and some of these schools won’t play them. And for the record each class has the same amount of teams. And another thing  you obviously are lost when you tell GC to put on their big boy britches. GC plays anybody and everybody. Get off the keyboard and start going to GC games and tell me they don’t put their big boy britches on. 

Edited by pioneer42

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

No sir. I don’t have a desire to have 115 teams in AA and AAA and about 50 in A and 50 in AAAA. I look after my school especially when dumb suggestions are made for a money grab. All to make more $$$. I am not crying. You are the one telling teams like South Gibson and South Side they are playing soft schedules. Kinda hard to schedule about 25 non-District  games for each school when they have four District games for the year. Why don’t you start going out and watching games and start studying these teams around here?? Not but about 5 or 6 really good teams a year in West TN. Easy to get on a keyboard and tell schools to play tough teams when there is not that many in West TN and some of these schools won’t play them. And for the record each class has the same amount of teams. And another thing  you obviously are lost when you tell GC to put on their big boy britches. GC plays anybody and everybody. Get off the keyboard and start going to GC games and tell me they don’t put their big boy britches on. 

I NEVER SAID ANYBODY IS PLAYING A SOFT SCHEDULE! I said they need to play a tough schedule outside district because their district is week. I said I'm sure those two coaches will get ready for post season. I said those two coaches are two of the best in the business. Having the flexibility to schedule all those games outside of a weak district is great. They can go play great teams and as I said, they will do that. 
I'm talking to you not GC Program. That program and that coach is one of if not the best programs in the state. Coach Wilkins is a hall of famer. You the guy sitting behind a keyboard crying. Coach Wilkins I promise you will be ready for post season, he always is ready. And there are some good girls teams in West TN to help with a tough non district schedule but in order to get ready for post season you gotta get outside of West TN. I'm sure the top programs in West TN do that. 

So for the record. I have typed absolutely nothing negative about any program or coach. The programs we are talking about are great programs and they have great leadership.

I'm typing to you on here crying and river because you are in a tough district. So, to you, put your big boy pants on and go play in that tough district. 

Just sayin

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

And again for the record. McNeal, Embrey and Wilkins will be able to have lunch at the glass house if they want to. They are 3 of the best. 

On 10/21/2022 at 7:38 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

South Gibson and South Side's non district schedule better be a lot better than last year. Looking at a lot of their games and it was running clock. That doesn't get them ready for the Post season. I know that the boys team has to be considered but if the boys and girls coach worked together they can get some good games for both girls and boys. I am interested to see their schedules. 

I bet they do about all they can with their schedules. Both are in a bad situation with Liberty and North Side and Liberty not playing last year in their District. Both teams will be two of the best in West TN. I was fortunate to see one of the South Side/South Gibson’s last year. They have little choice but to go on three-four day road trips to get some quality games. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I bet they do about all they can with their schedules. Both are in a bad situation with Liberty and North Side and Liberty not playing last year in their District. Both teams will be two of the best in West TN. I was fortunate to see one of the South Side/South Gibson’s last year. They have little choice but to go on three-four day road trips to get some quality games. 

knowing those coaches you are exactly right. they are gonna be ready. I would love to see home and home series with these teams

South Side

Gibson County

South Gibson

Dyersburg

Dyer County

Westview

Huntingdon

McKenzie

Summertown

Loretto