Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Can you believe this guy gets on here and call him tacky?? I mean really. The team that is scared to death to play competition in West TN and he is calling coaches tacky. I could go further but I am not. Congratulations on a big win tonight!! I think y’all are praying at the tight time. 

I don’t who that is but they are very wrong about y’all’s coach! We all know the truth about them in Martin! We have never played them at South Side! He can control everything(refs) if we play In Martin smh. But we all know the truth! Y’all will play us anywhere! They will not dare come to SS! We tried to get them for January 29th & he declined & told us to come to them lol

Thanks! Y’all will go to Loretto & handle business & we will see you in Murfreesboro 

Edited by HawkGuy06

9 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I don’t who that is but they are very wrong about y’all’s coach! We all know the truth about them in Martin! We have never played them at South Side! He can control everything(refs) if we play In Martin smh. But we all know the truth! Y’all will play us anywhere! They will not dare come to SS! We tried to get them for January 29th & he declined & told us to come to them lol

Thanks! Y’all will go to Summertown & handle business & we will see you in Murfreesboro 

According to schedules on CoachT, Gibson Co has not played AT South Side in the last 15 years. Every game has been at GC other than a couple on a neutral floor at a tournament. Did I miss one?

Gibson Co schedule is always tough, but, if we’re gonna bang on Westview for not going to South Side, we gotta do the same to Gibson.

30 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I wasn’t at the Huntington/GC game the other night so can’t comment on it but can agree with your comment about Wilkins. He is not a favorite of mine from a fan standpoint. I watched him tonight clap sarcastically at the referee when he made a call that he felt like he should make like “finally”. It’s very tacky! I have also witnessed him commenting directly at the other team’s coach during a game. Doesn’t look good. Now do I think he is a good coach with IQ…yes! But not a fan of his demeanor with referees and other coaches. I have seen players start acting like their coach does towards referees and it gets ugly then

I am definitely not Daddy Wilkins biggest fan, but I wouldn't call him tacky. He knows how to work the refs to his teams advantage. He has pretty high basketball iq and appears to be a good guy, BUT He does make questionable decisions that I think cost him games at times...just like tonight... Sitting behind the bench tonight, his son Wilkins from Huntingdon suggested he put back in #30 to guard Jada, assist coach agreed and Wilkins shot it down. The little #2 was doing a decent job but fouled out. Last time #30 matched up with Jada, she barely had a foul called the whole game. She's the best defensive player on that team imo. If Wilkins doesn't want to play her, she shouldn't be a starter. Good ole boy system going on or he really couldn't see how it worked last game? 

The announcer said GC plays Loretto but did I see someone else say Summertown? 

2 minutes ago, maddams said:

According to schedules on CoachT, Gibson Co has not played AT South Side in the last 15 years. Every game has been at GC other than a couple on a neutral floor at a tournament. Did I miss one?

Gibson Co schedule is always tough, but, if we’re gonna bang on Westview for not going to South Side, we gotta do the same to Gibson.

South Side beats us at our place as much as we do. I think they like playing in our Tournament every year. They didn’t play Greenfield when they were good. They want to get on year and start dogging coaches out, they will get it back because the feeling is kinda mutual. 

19 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Thanks! Y’all will go to Summertown & handle business & we will see you in Murfreesboro 

GC and South Side has a great relationship and plays each other a bunch. Great programs that help each other. We got Loretto there and it won’t be easy. 

2 minutes ago, Opm91 said:

I am definitely not Daddy Wilkins biggest fan, but I wouldn't call him tacky. He knows how to work the refs to his teams advantage. He has pretty high basketball iq and appears to be a good guy, BUT He does make questionable decisions that I think cost him games at times...just like tonight... Sitting behind the bench tonight, his son Wilkins from Huntingdon suggested he put back in #30 to guard Jada, assist coach agreed and Wilkins shot it down. The little #2 was doing a decent job but fouled out. Last time #30 matched up with Jada, she barely had a foul called the whole game. She's the best defensive player on that team imo. If Wilkins doesn't want to play her, she shouldn't be a starter. Good ole boy system going on or he really couldn't see how it worked last game? 

He seemed like he wasn’t pleased with #30 tonight. She didn’t start back in the lineup after the half and she was sitting at the very end of the bench. I wondered what was up with that myself.  Then when the little freshman guard fouled out then he put her in and said told her to go play hard for him which made me think he wasn’t happy with her effort in the first half

6 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

He seemed like he wasn’t pleased with #30 tonight. She didn’t start back in the lineup after the half and she was sitting at the very end of the bench. I wondered what was up with that myself.  Then when the little freshman guard fouled out then he put her in and said told her to go play hard for him which made me think he wasn’t happy with her effort in the first half

She had some huge rebounds and deflections in the first quarter and the few min played in 2.  Even the two broadcasts were very complimentary of her. If he wasn't happy with that effort, then he's expecting way more of her than  Again...I think the formula last game was it to beat westview and he got it wrong tonight. 

9 minutes ago, Opm91 said:

I think Coach Wilkins has seven really good ball players that he plays. Hard to make them all happy sometimes. But Maya is a great player and person. I think sometimes when things are going well this time of year he rolls with it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I think Coach Wilkins has seven really good ball players that he plays. Hard to make them all happy sometimes. But Maya is a great player and person. I think sometimes when things are going well this time of year he rolls with it. 

Not about making anyone happy. And I'm sure she's a great kid. The only kid I know personally on GC right now sits the bench. I just know as a coach, I'm not changing the formula I had that won the only game against a team I played. Its what coaching and developing your best should be about. Good luck to the girls the rest of the way through. I haven't seen Loretto play since Karly left so I'm outta the loop. I'm sure it will be a tough game. 

32 minutes ago, maddams said:

I will say Gibson County always schedules tough teams at their Thanksgiving tournament, this is an annual tournament for us. Meanwhile Westview tournament will schedule halls or humbolt lol what a waste of time. I guarantee Gibson County will come to South Side before Westview any day! We don’t care to lose we just want to play quality teams! 

He can’t control the refs on the road! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

22 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

GC and South Side has a great relationship and plays each other a bunch. Great programs that help each other. We got Loretto there and it won’t be easy. 

Oh yea sorry I meant Loretto! Yea they will be tough but they definitely isn’t the team they were last year. Y’all will get it done! 

• Like 1