Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

I was able to watch online. Huntingdon was more scrappy than usual with the pushing or were the refs making bad calls? People look tiny on NFHS.  I think that helped GC alot. I will say that I think everyone on GC did their part.  Idk all their names but #30, #1 and the other girl with braids had the best defense on the team imo. Good team win for you guys.

17 minutes ago, RedDevil23 said:

That was a good game. Free throws were huge for GC. Hart had a heck of a game too

All played well. Maya Turner deserves a ton of credit for being the QB getting the ball jn and handling their press. Evyn Cantrelle, Micah Hart, Georgia Lannom, two Freshman and Libby Goad all just were super. Great team win!!!

16 minutes ago, Opm91 said:

I was able to watch online. Huntingdon was more scrappy than usual with the pushing or were the refs making bad calls? People look tiny on NFHS.  I think that helped GC alot. I will say that I think everyone on GC did their part.  Idk all their names but #30, #1 and the other girl with braids had the best defense on the team imo. Good team win for you guys.

Total team win!! All played super. Gibson County I just think were more poised. GC just handled the ball super and Huntingdon had to foul us mainly in second half. GIbson County led by 14 at one time. Look at post above for even more details. 

5 minutes ago, Opm91 said:

Seemed like alot of fouls called in 1st half too. It was definitely a different match up from last time yall played. Congrats. 

Gibson County can play physical and adjust to a lot of refs. Both teams are well coached. I just think Gibson County handles their pressure better than they handle ours in these last three games. Both teams are good teams. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RedDevil23 said:

Sorry I know this is an old thread but I’m just reading this. I have a stupid question.  I know McMinn Central is AA but did Molly play on a class A team for that middle school championship year?  My daughters played for South Fulton in a championship game that same year and played against a girl named Molly that was really good. 

Yes, that's the same Molly. Her younger 8th grade sister's same Englewood team just won the state again in Middle School A.   

Edited by blitzinbuc

5 hours ago, Eagles1123 said:

Not sure, was watching game against GP last night and noticed she wasn’t in starting lineup then heard announcer say she was out for season with knee 

I hate to hear that about this young lady.

Most likely, either Alcoa or Gatlinburg will be playing at McMinn Central in a sub-state game.  Central is tough to beat in the Round House, though Alcoa did it last year.   

I think Central will make it to state this season. They may not win the state this season, but they'll be favored to next season.