Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

8 minutes ago, rammerjammer2 said:

York is the best team in AA. They have the best player and a VERY good supporting cast. The have “enough “ bench to do what they need to. This team scores inside out and guard/post and slow down or transition/fast break. They’ll be in Murfreesboro barring key injuries and everyone will see. 

Not saying they aren’t… but when you’re playing teams who only score 10 points in a game you can’t really judge that. Although they played a tough schedule early on.. their last half of the season doesn’t bode well for keeping them competing and having to play hard going into tournament play.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

Not saying they aren’t… but when you’re playing teams who only score 10 points in a game you can’t really judge that. Although they played a tough schedule early on.. their last half of the season doesn’t bode well for keeping them competing and having to play hard going into tournament play.

You can’t fault them for their competition. They can only play the teams on their schedule(crucify Bradley for playing their district opponent Howard, York is no different).  They are very well coached and athletic.  We’ll see how the end of the season goes, but I’d be shocked if they don’t play in Murfreesboro and make a very deep run. 

4 hours ago, westtn12 said:

Also, York has been to the state tournament 2 times in the last 20 years and they act like they’re really special. And most of those years they didn’t make it were .500 or less records….I wouldn’t count my chickens before they hatch. 

3 hours ago, rammerjammer2 said:

You can’t fault them for their competition. They can only play the teams on their schedule(crucify Bradley for playing their district opponent Howard, York is no different).  They are very well coached and athletic.  We’ll see how the end of the season goes, but I’d be shocked if they don’t play in Murfreesboro and make a very deep run. 

Like our old buddy UCSportsFan says who knows his basketball pretty well, he always talks about District 13 or 14 and 7 or 8 all the battles and Gold or Silver Balls that have came through these Districts in mainly A and AA but you have to throw AAA in there now. Upper Cumberland vs Gibson and Weakley County. Amazing thing about these two areas are there are a handful of schools that are all as a rule no more than 30-40 minutes apart. Year end year out always seems to be these same two areas battling for Gold Balls in a particular class. You can probably draw a small circle around these two areas and count the Gold Balls and Silver Balls in bunches out of these two areas. Both areas have been Gold and Silver Ball Factories for many years. Great to hear the verbal spats on Coach T. Both areas have earned it. We will likely have more battles in Murfreesboro from same area this year. And this is no indictment on any of the other schools close by that may likely win a Gold Ball this year and many more years. Just the two areas have big time history year end year out where these two areas battle it out and more times than not the winner is a Gold Ball winner. Great history that is continuing.

Edited by pioneer42

7 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I think somebody posted Ward was one of  the refs. If it was Keith Ward he usually does a good job. I was listening on the radio and sounded like Huntingdon missed a layup to take the lead with about 18 seconds left. Sounded like a dogfight for sure. 

It wasn’t to take the lead…Westview was up 3 at that point

2 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

It wasn’t to take the lead…Westview was up 3 at that point

Westview up 55-54 with 30 sec. left and fillies had the ball and missed a good look to take the lead.  This was a great game and two very evenly matched teams.  Fillies should be very confident heading down the stretch.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Huntingdon is tough for sure. They play really well at home too. We got them at there place Friday Night. Their guards have really improved from last year. Their ball pressure is really good and they can shoot. I listened to it on my phone while we were playing. Another big win for you guys. Congratulations!! Whoever the two that gets out of this Region will be tough for sure. So you are saying Westview got away with some fouls late in the game?? I heard on the radio the Westview announcers saying Wilkins almost got a technical or did get one. Couldn’t hardly hear in the gym. They are tough for sure. Y’all are too. Congrats again!! 

No technical fouls, but I'd supported Wilkins late if he would've gotten one because their big girl got mauled on that last sequence. That's the honest part of it. Jada got 2 BS calls and had 4 with 6 minutes to go in the 4th. One was a clean block where the ball had left the hand and she swatted it. Horrible call, but in fairness...Huntingdon had a couple of blocks as well where they were called and they weren't fouls either. The other, Jada attempted to take a charge on the 1st shot...the ball came off the rim, the 2nd girl rebounded..went back up and landed on Jada and she got called for a blocking foul while laying on her back. Craziness on the calls last night. I'd much rather see these back and forth games, compared to the blowouts. It only makes them better at the end. Good luck next Friday...that should be a great game again. 

10 hours ago, rammerjammer2 said:

York is the best team in AA. They have the best player and a VERY good supporting cast. The have “enough “ bench to do what they need to. This team scores inside out and guard/post and slow down or transition/fast break. They’ll be in Murfreesboro barring key injuries and everyone will see. 

Way too early to be declaring who is best. That works itself out at the State tourney. Enjoy your ride and know you'll be playing teams that match up with you when you meet down the road. When you go all season without playing anyone who knows how to defend, then it doesn't always work out in your favor when you have to see it & they have scorers as well. 

24 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Way too early to be declaring who is best. That works itself out at the State tourney. Enjoy your ride and know you'll be playing teams that match up with you when you meet down the road. When you go all season without playing anyone who knows how to defend, then it doesn't always work out in your favor when you have to see it & they have scorers as well. 

York coach did me a good job scheduling out of region games with tough team's.  I enjoy that he is a young coach and coaches defense as hard as he does.  Hiring him when they did 4 years ago saved the basketball program. I don't think many of these girls are at York had they not made the change when they did.  Going to be to be along for the ride. These girls are definitely a hard working TEAM!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1983 said:

Westview up 55-54 with 30 sec. left and fillies had the ball and missed a good look to take the lead.  This was a great game and two very evenly matched teams.  Fillies should be very confident heading down the stretch.

Yeah I was trying to listen to it watching our game. I am going to watch it later today. Congratulations on a good game. Any one know what the tiebreakers are in the District?? We had a three way tie one year in Single A with TCA and Peabody and point differential in games was a tiebreaker I believe.  Anyone know??

2 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

Hey did a Huntington player get hurt last night? If so who was it?