Way too early 1A favorites 2022-2023

Mottomotto

6 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Which will be Gordy more than likely, they play an RBS team at 6 that’s won 5 games all year, I don’t see Bibb throwing it. If/when they do play ER That will be a battle Gordy has had a solid year with lots of size, if E Groves isn’t 100% they will be on upset alert because they will make everyone but him beat them. I believe Gordy is overall more talented than PIckett so tough draw for ER. 

Gordy has been without their best post player  for over a week now and been without their 2nd best guard for weeks now.. I assume both are out for the season...

Edited by Govolss

7 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Which will be Gordy more than likely, they play an RBS team at 6 that’s won 5 games all year, I don’t see Bibb throwing it. If/when they do play ER That will be a battle Gordy has had a solid year with lots of size, if E Groves isn’t 100% they will be on upset alert because they will make everyone but him beat them. I believe Gordy is overall more talented than PIckett so tough draw for ER. 

If by “throwing it” you mean losing on purpose doesn’t that seem a little bit extreme? If you’re scared of playing ER or Clay you just have to play the team who beat ER and pickett county and play 1 of the 2 in the championship game. 

24 minutes ago, bballfan12121 said:

If by “throwing it” you mean losing on purpose doesn’t that seem a little bit extreme? If you’re scared of playing ER or Clay you just have to play the team who beat ER and pickett county and play 1 of the 2 in the championship game. 

It’s all about matchups, and Clay is a matchup nightmare for anyone in single A. The goal is to get to the region championship game and it wouldn’t be the first time a team that’s struggling does whatever it takes.  With the other district already seeded it definitely gives you options and motive. 

On 2/20/2023 at 10:59 AM, LloydHarrison1969 said:

Hampton is due for a loss to University High. Hampton is a well coached team, and every one of those young men play off each other. The bulldogs are the definition of playing the game the right way. However, University High has had the Bulldog's number in recent matchups which would make for a great title game.  My nephew and I watched theme play a few weeks ago at Brooks gym and I thought Hampton had them beat.

Looks like you call it. UH could not miss long range and walks are apparently allowed now.   

7 hours ago, bballfan12121 said:

Which bracket would you rather be in? 

1. Jo Byrns vs 4. RBS and 2. Pickett vs Trousdale

or

1. Clay vs 4. Knowledge and 2. ER vs 3. Gordy

RBS loses by 35 and gets rewarded with an easier bracket, the system has some major flaws.