Hardaway Busted! East should vacate titles

UCSportsFan

6 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

You're saying it's my fault that he made a comment on the current political climate? You literally stated that it is my fault that he replied the way he did because I opened the door for him to make the comment. Do you understand what you're saying?

I understand exactly what i'm saying, you told him to run for political office in Shelby County if he wanted to make a change.  You didn't like how he responded by making a statement that was a political one after you brought up he should run for political office.  Once again if you wouldn't have told him to run for office which is political he wouldn't have made a political comment back.  You can't ask a question and someone gives you their answer and then say i don't know why you turned this political and try to blame it on the person that answered instead of the person that asked the question.  You don't have to agree with what he said but saying you didn't say anything Political tells me you have no clue what political is

If you think high school sports are clean....then you may need to cover your ears and eyes. It is unfortunate, but there aren't a whole lot of differences between what is going on in college athletics. Players shop themselves around, and schools are constantly looking to poach players to win games. The pressures to WIN are at an all-time high. So many other states have embraced this. In California a student-athlete can transfer ONE TIME, for no stated reason. I would rather see that in TN, than what is happening now. I have seen "student-athletes" here in TN that have played for as many as 3 high schools in a 4 year period. HOW?? You can't complain about Penny Hardaway, when so many other coaches around the state are doing similar things in various sports. It is a problem with enforcement at TSSAA, not a problem with Memphis HS basketball. It is a TSSAA problem. Change the rules if you can't enforce them.

On 3/30/2022 at 3:08 PM, Swipes said:

He doesn’t like how kids show up at different schools and made a true statement when he said they can end up anywhere this year since Shelby County didn’t play sports last year.  

You brought up politics by telling him to move to Shelby County and run for office (you can’t say you weren’t the one that brought it up and then say well it’s just local government.  Isn’t local government political?)

He made the comment that he doesn’t believe they would like his political views in Shelby County since they did vote for the current president and VP (this is all factual stuff) but once again do you think he would have made that comment if you wouldn’t have brought Politics into it by telling him to run for office in Shelby County?

You opened the door no matter if it was tongue and cheek

Absolutely correct. But it is typical rhetoric in todays world. make a comment politically and then try to play the victim as if he had nothing to do with it. We see that in our society a lot unfortunately. It’s like a word salad with A spin on it to try to deflect away from himself and onto someone like me to insinuate that I was the actual perpetrator when in fact all I was doing was responding to his original comment. Kind of like when the media shows only part of the video in today’s world that paints one picture but when you see the entire video you realize it was something totally different. 

17 hours ago, tradertwo said:

This goes way deeper than 2017, Penny, and James Wiseman...this has roots in the way Memphis kids transfer all over the city unlike anyplace else in Tn, and are allowed to play without forfeiting a season of eligibility. The Penny/Wiseman situation just brought it to light, because another organization (NCAA) did the legwork beginning with Wiseman's high school career. Without beating on the rotted horse carcass of years past, TSSAA needs to do their job and address the situation. Got to agree with a couple of posters about there being nothing to complain about this year, there were no "super teams" (or gold balls) in Memphis. 

Great post. For years now Memphis has gotten away with openly cheating according to the TSSAA rules and bylaws that the rest of us have to adhere to and the mentality is well in Memphis it’s different you cannot have two sets of rules. 

11 hours ago, Swipes said:

I understand exactly what i'm saying, you told him to run for political office in Shelby County if he wanted to make a change.  You didn't like how he responded by making a statement that was a political one after you brought up he should run for political office.  Once again if you wouldn't have told him to run for office which is political he wouldn't have made a political comment back.  You can't ask a question and someone gives you their answer and then say i don't know why you turned this political and try to blame it on the person that answered instead of the person that asked the question.  You don't have to agree with what he said but saying you didn't say anything Political tells me you have no clue what political is

My comment has nothing to do with him replying. 

My comment, which I've made before, was a statement telling him if he wanted to make a change then he should run for office. Yes, running for a local government office is political. His reply about the current political climate has nothing to do with the ongoing theme that he and I have had for years now. His comments have ZERO to do with me. There are a bunch of different ways that he could have replied. He has a history of making comments that lean and are very right in political standing and then he takes no responsibilty for what he types. 

Again, saying that I'm responsible for his comments is like blaming a person that gets robbed on the street for getting robbed just because they were there. It is amazingly ironic to think that you're educating me on "what is political" when you're playing the exact pointing the finger game that politicians play. I have no responsibilty for his keyboard strokes after I hit enter. Just like I you have no responsibility to educate me on this topic nor do you have any moral justification for this conversation. But here we are with your ego pushing into a situation that has been ongoing for a longtime. Please take the self importance somewhere else and stop making excuses for this guys reply. 

Penny did what he did. The TSSAA knew all about it. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE in Memphis knew what was happening. My school knew about it and we beat them and they beat us. It was so bad that everytime a team played  against East it was like an audition. Kids thought if they played well Penny was gonna come calling. However, Penny did not bring James Wiseman to Memphis to "win" at East. It was a long play for the U of M job.

11 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Absolutely correct. But it is typical rhetoric in todays world. make a comment politically and then try to play the victim as if he had nothing to do with it. We see that in our society a lot unfortunately. It’s like a word salad with A spin on it to try to deflect away from himself and onto someone like me to insinuate that I was the actual perpetrator when in fact all I was doing was responding to his original comment. Kind of like when the media shows only part of the video in today’s world that paints one picture but when you see the entire video you realize it was something totally different. 

What did I say that made you make a comment about the current president of hte United States?

Again, and this is not the first time, you've not taken responsibility for something you said. 

"when in fact all I was doing was responding to his original comment."

It's good to know that another man has so much power over you that a comment that is made on a message board prompts you to make a comment that you can't control.

5 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

My comment has nothing to do with him replying. 

My comment, which I've made before, was a statement telling him if he wanted to make a change then he should run for office. Yes, running for a local government office is political. His reply about the current political climate has nothing to do with the ongoing theme that he and I have had for years now. His comments have ZERO to do with me. There are a bunch of different ways that he could have replied. He has a history of making comments that lean and are very right in political standing and then he takes no responsibilty for what he types. 

Again, saying that I'm responsible for his comments is like blaming a person that gets robbed on the street for getting robbed just because they were there. It is amazingly ironic to think that you're educating me on "what is political" when you're playing the exact pointing the finger game that politicians play. I have no responsibilty for his keyboard strokes after I hit enter. Just like I you have no responsibility to educate me on this topic nor do you have any moral justification for this conversation. But here we are with your ego pushing into a situation that has been ongoing for a longtime. Please take the self importance somewhere else and stop making excuses for this guys reply. 

Penny did what he did. The TSSAA knew all about it. EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE in Memphis knew what was happening. My school knew about it and we beat them and they beat us. It was so bad that everytime a team played  against East it was like an audition. Kids thought if they played well Penny was gonna come calling. However, Penny did not bring James Wiseman to Memphis to "win" at East. It was a long play for the U of M job.

Your comment has EVERYTHING to do with his response and it's sad you can't see that.  You told him to run for Political office to change what he didn't like.  He made the comment " As for running for office (You brought this part up), I’m afraid any county that voted for this moron of a president and idiotic VP we have wouldn’t like me too much."  Like i said you don't have to like his answer or what political party he likes or how he thinks but you were the one that prompted the response.  You asked and he answered and you got butt hurt about his answer. (Could it had been stated differently yes but stop acting like you didn't prompt the response) I just don't like when people don't take responsible for the part they played.

Stop with the trying to turn a robbing against an innocent person into what i said because it was a horrible analogy like you were the victim.  It would more be like someone trying to rob someone with a knife and the robber getting stabbed by the person he was trying to rob and then the robber playing victim of getting stabbed.

8 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

What did I say that made you make a comment about the current president of hte United States?

Again, and this is not the first time, you've not taken responsibility for something you said. 

"when in fact all I was doing was responding to his original comment."

It's good to know that another man has so much power over you that a comment that is made on a message board prompts you to make a comment that you can't control.

Let me be crystal clear. Nothing you said “made” me do anything. I’m responsible for my actions. However when you decided to make a political statement that opened the door for me to comment in kind.  I stand by what I said. No county that voted for this White House would like my views so me running for a political office there, would be futile. How about all of us people that actually work for a living have a show of hands if we like paying 4.25 a gallon at the gas pump!  Back to the topic!  If T$$AA is going to have any credibility at all they will strip East of every title they won under Hardaway. He cheated the entire time he was there. I WILL agree he didn’t bring Wiseman to Memphis to win a state title. It was as you stated to parlay that into the U of M job. 

On 4/1/2022 at 7:30 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Let me be crystal clear. Nothing you said “made” me do anything. I’m responsible for my actions. However when you decided to make a political statement that opened the door for me to comment in kind.  I stand by what I said. No county that voted for this White House would like my views so me running for a political office there, would be futile. How about all of us people that actually work for a living have a show of hands if we like paying 4.25 a gallon at the gas pump!  Back to the topic!  If T$$AA is going to have any credibility at all they will strip East of every title they won under Hardaway. He cheated the entire time he was there. I WILL agree he didn’t bring Wiseman to Memphis to win a state title. It was as you stated to parlay that into the U of M job. 

You already know the TSSAA has no credibility. You know that is not going to happen. When, if ever, have they made a team vacate a championship? What good would it do? It only shows their incompetence, weakness, and inability to handle the issue when it is happening.

On 4/1/2022 at 4:27 PM, Swipes said:

Your comment has EVERYTHING to do with his response and it's sad you can't see that.  You told him to run for Political office to change what he didn't like.  He made the comment " As for running for office (You brought this part up), I’m afraid any county that voted for this moron of a president and idiotic VP we have wouldn’t like me too much."  Like i said you don't have to like his answer or what political party he likes or how he thinks but you were the one that prompted the response.  You asked and he answered and you got butt hurt about his answer. (Could it had been stated differently yes but stop acting like you didn't prompt the response) I just don't like when people don't take responsible for the part they played.

Stop with the trying to turn a robbing against an innocent person into what i said because it was a horrible analogy like you were the victim.  It would more be like someone trying to rob someone with a knife and the robber getting stabbed by the person he was trying to rob and then the robber playing victim of getting stabbed.

When have I ever said I was a victim?

I have no responsibility for his reply. It's not objective. 

I don't care about his answer. Did I say anything about it at all? No, another poster did. 

This in no way is a "poking the bear situation". Again, again, and again...I have ZERO responsibility for his politically charged reply. 

It's also ironic how you say I was "butt hurt" when I never replied to him but you then make the statement, "I just don't like when people don't take responsible for the part they played."

Let me ask you...are you responsible for my reply(s) to you regarding this topic? Are you responsible for anything I'm typing? By your logic and words you're responsible for everything I'm replying with. 

Please start quoting direct statements that can be proven or cite me directly instead of making assumptions or interjecting things that you have going on in your head. Subjectivity will prove nothing. Be objective. 

On 4/1/2022 at 9:53 AM, 901Hoops850 said:

If you think high school sports are clean....then you may need to cover your ears and eyes. It is unfortunate, but there aren't a whole lot of differences between what is going on in college athletics. Players shop themselves around, and schools are constantly looking to poach players to win games. The pressures to WIN are at an all-time high. So many other states have embraced this. In California a student-athlete can transfer ONE TIME, for no stated reason. I would rather see that in TN, than what is happening now. I have seen "student-athletes" here in TN that have played for as many as 3 high schools in a 4 year period. HOW?? You can't complain about Penny Hardaway, when so many other coaches around the state are doing similar things in various sports. It is a problem with enforcement at TSSAA, not a problem with Memphis HS basketball. It is a TSSAA problem. Change the rules if you can't enforce them.

The individual school districts zoning would prevent the one transfer rule from applying to all schools in Tennessee. some districts allow a kid that does not live in their district to pay a stipend to attend their schools and other districts do not allow a kid to attend schools that does not live inside the district's zone. I am not against a one transfer rule but it would have to be regulated at the state level and override district's enrollment policy and that is not going to happen.

26 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

The individual school districts zoning would prevent the one transfer rule from applying to all schools in Tennessee. some districts allow a kid that does not live in their district to pay a stipend to attend their schools and other districts do not allow a kid to attend schools that does not live inside the district's zone. I am not against a one transfer rule but it would have to be regulated at the state level and override district's enrollment policy and that is not going to happen.

Each school in Shelby County has a zone. The issue is Knoxville, Nashville, and Memphis are urban areas have a ton of schools. Small rural or suburban areas don't have many if any choices beyond 1-3 schools. The municipal schools in Shelby County, Bartlett, Germantown, Arlington, and Collierville allow transfers from outside their districts. People in more populated areas are at the mercy of their zoned school as far as CTE class offerings and alternative programs. Not all schools can offer all things so kids transfer where those things are offered. 

No one says anything about a student that wants to study automotive repair, welding, computer programing, etc... that transfers. It's only athletes. Same with college. Computer whiz gets hired by Apple at 16 and never goes to college no one bats an eye. If he's 17 and can go pro and skip college to play baseball then everyone has an opinion.