Hardaway Busted! East should vacate titles

UCSportsFan

25 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Can that happen is a Union ? Or does that require a free market ?

Unions are the main reason that don’t happen. A documentary from several years ago called “Waiting For Superman” was filmed about the schools in Washington DC. They offered teachers the opportunity to make well over six figures in performance pay but they had to give up tenure. The teachers Union shot it down. Take my tenure. I know what I can do in a classroom. I’ll take the performance pay all day every day. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Unions are the main reason that don’t happen. A documentary from several years ago called “Waiting For Superman” was filmed about the schools in Washington DC. They offered teachers the opportunity to make well over six figures in performance pay but they had to give up tenure. The teachers Union shot it down. Take my tenure. I know what I can do in a classroom. I’ll take the performance pay all day every day. 

So we punish those like my friends in education who are superstars so bums keep their jobs ! I don’t think we are as free as we think we are in this country ! But I won’t get on my soap box cause it will get ugly !

16 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

So we punish those like my friends in education who are superstars so bums keep their jobs ! I don’t think we are as free as we think we are in this country ! But I won’t get on my soap box cause it will get ugly !

Don’t get me wrong. I am a member of TEA and they do have many benefits. In a world where lawmakers are continually trying to implement more education reform it’s nice to have someone to advocate for you. But that is one of their drawbacks. 

31 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

We all go off of the same observation rubric. Why not use that?

So it would be fair if the teacher or admin that evaluates me is my friend and gives me a 5 every time?  Or if the teacher or admin that evaluates me has a grudge or a different perspective of how to score evaluations?  Some admin will not give you a 5 on some sections every time, while some will regularly.  What if I get evaluated during my class that has 10 IEPS and 5 ELL's.  Is that fair that they did not come evaluate my AP class?  Is is really fair to compare AP Physics class to PE or Band or Special Education?  It is a crapshoot and in no way a fair or accurate way to base performance.  

Edited by Heisenberg
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

So it would be fair if the teacher or admin that evaluates me is my friend and gives me a 5 every time?  Or if the teacher or admin that evaluates me has a grudge or a different perspective of how to score evaluations?  Some admin will not give you a 5 on some sections every time, while some will regularly.  What if I get evaluated during my class that has 10 IEPS and 5 ELL's.  Is that fair that they did not come evaluate my AP class?  Is is really fair to compare AP Physics class to PE or Band or Special Education?  It is a crapshoot and in no way a fair or accurate way to base performance.  

Some of the things you say I agree with and some I do not. I really respect your opinion as it is clear you are an educator. I have been on both sides of the coin. I have been both a teacher and an admin. In respect to you mentioning the bias of a principal, I hate that it is that way. I think the vast majority of principals are fair and do it the right way but I am not naive enough to think it doesn’t happen. I just know what I am capable of in a classroom and would welcome performance pay.