Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

10 minutes ago, BossDog said:

I agree. Cornersville’s team in 2018 was the best team in the state, but had to travel to Huntington and Lake County the 2 previous weeks. 

The west usually plays 2-3 legit teams before the state Championship and the East plays 1.

Most years that seems to be right.

1 hour ago, Pirateman28 said:

The journey may be tough getting there but great teams find a way to get it done. McKenzie has good teams not great ones. Silver trophy teams don’t get remembered at Sp.

Honestly I watched the game and I wasn’t very impressed with neither that day but South Pittsburg won an ugly game. Your acting like they were totally outclassed and that wasn’t the case. They beat a team in Peabody who had won 4 Gold Balls in 2 A the last 6 years and has totally embarrassed the East in title games.You are very fortunate Peabody wasn’t there, because you wouldn’t have beaten them. 

Edited by pioneer42

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Honestly I watched the game and I wasn’t very impressed with neither that day but South Pittsburg won an ugly game. Your acting like they were totally outclassed and that wasn’t the case. They beat a team in Peabody who had won 4 Gold Balls in 2 A the last 6 years and has totally embarrassed the East in title games. You are very fortunate Peabody wasn’t there, because you wouldn’t have beaten them. 

Two things about this game. First.  I give credit to SP defense, as they were able to pressure Cassidy a little more in the second quarter and I think we got a little too conservative until the 4th quarter.  Second.  Two fumbles, well one was just a straight take it away, leads to two scores for SP.  The second one was the back breaker.   The game was about as even as you could get it on the stat sheet.  Total Offensive plays:  57-339 yards McKenzie       57-306 yards SP.    So yes, SP won the game, but lets not think it was some offensive juggernaut that ran all over the McKenzie defensive.  

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Honestly I watched the game and I wasn’t very impressed with neither that day but South Pittsburg won an ugly game. Your acting like they were totally outclassed and that wasn’t the case. They beat a team in Peabody who had won 4 Gold Balls in 2 A the last 6 years and has totally embarrassed the East in title games.You are very fortunate Peabody wasn’t there, because you wouldn’t have beaten them. 

All I know is the gold ball is in South Pittsburg :thumb:

Just now, VOLnWTN said:

Two things about this game. First.  I give credit to SP defense, as they were able to pressure Cassidy a little more in the second quarter and I think we got a little too conservative until the 4th quarter.  Second.  Two fumbles, well one was just a straight take it away, leads to two scores for SP.  The second one was the back breaker.   The game was about as even as you could get it on the stat sheet.  Total Offensive plays:  57-339 yards McKenzie       57-306 yards SP.    So yes, SP won the game, but lets not think it was some offensive juggernaut that ran all over the McKenzie defensive.  

Defense won that game for sure.

• Like 1