Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Honestly I watched the game and I wasn’t very impressed with neither that day but South Pittsburg won an ugly game. Your acting like they were totally outclassed and that wasn’t the case. They beat a team in Peabody who had won 4 Gold Balls in 2 A the last 6 years and has totally embarrassed the East in title games.You are very fortunate Peabody wasn’t there, because you wouldn’t have beaten them. 

I thought it was easily the 2nd best game in Chattanooga that weekend. Each team had chances to make big plays in passing game just couldn’t connect. Pirates D was salty and kept them in it but they don’t win the Gold without Kelly running for close to 200. McKenzie put almost 40 on Peabody the week before. Unfortunately you dont win when you can’t stop the other team. Pitt did what Peabody couldn’t. I do think Tide gets back and pulls the upset this year. I’m just keeping it real. 

3 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Two things about this game. First.  I give credit to SP defense, as they were able to pressure Cassidy a little more in the second quarter and I think we got a little too conservative until the 4th quarter.  Second.  Two fumbles, well one was just a straight take it away, leads to two scores for SP.  The second one was the back breaker.   The game was about as even as you could get it on the stat sheet.  Total Offensive plays:  57-339 yards McKenzie       57-306 yards SP.    So yes, SP won the game, but lets not think it was some offensive juggernaut that ran all over the McKenzie defensive.  

South Pittsburg made less mistakes and played good defense and won the game, but I thought the game plan was very conservative by McKenzie and for whatever reason didn’t look in sync. South Pittsburg has a lot of tradition no doubt but that game could have went either way. Thought South Pittsburg played better that day. We will see what happens this year.

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

South Pittsburg made less mistakes and played good defense and won the game, but I thought the game plan was very conservative by McKenzie and for whatever reason didn’t look in sync. South Pittsburg has a lot of tradition no doubt but that game could have went either way. Thought South Pittsburg played better that day. We will see what happens this year.

Pitt had best pass rush in 1A. They had some dudes on that D Line. QB was running for his life. They had more success running right at them until Pitt D started stripping the ball from them. 

2 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

I thought it was easily the 2nd best game in Chattanooga that weekend. Each team had chances to make big plays in passing game just couldn’t connect. Pirates D was salty and kept them in it but they don’t win the Gold without Kelly running for close to 200. McKenzie put almost 40 on Peabody the week before. Unfortunately you dont win when you can’t stop the other team. Pitt did what Peabody couldn’t. I do think Tide gets back and pulls the upset this year. I’m just keeping it real. 

South Pittsburg has great tradition and is always in the mix. McKenzie knocked Fayetteville out who knocked South Pittsburg out the year before. Then they had Peabody. The gold ball road is tougher in the west and southern middle bracket. McKenzie will likely have a Moore County, Cornersville, Fayetteville, Peabody or Lake County just to get there. Peabody had won three in a row and last year they just wasn’t as hungry, but was loaded and played great in previous games at the state finals. I will assure the poster above that nobody from the west side will be intimidated by them.

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

South Pittsburg has great tradition and is always in the mix. McKenzie knocked Fayetteville out who knocked South Pittsburg out the year before. Then they had Peabody. The gold ball road is tougher in the west and southern middle bracket. McKenzie will likely have a Moore County, Cornersville, Fayetteville, Peabody or Lake County just to get there. Peabody had won three in a row and last year they just wasn’t as hungry, but was loaded and played great in previous games at the state finals. I will assure the poster above that nobody from the west side will be intimidated by them.

No doubt! I thought McKenzie was about to give Pitt the business but that didn’t happen. McKenzie has the best talent this year but they gotta prove it on the field. I’m gonna stick with Peabody as the underdog getting it done this year though. 

12 minutes ago, TyroneBiggums said:

It was no secret McKenzie's achilles heel was it's O- Line. Not a lot of depth and were a bit undersized. with that being said them boys on that line fought their hearts out against some punishing defenses for weeks in a row Cornersville, Fayetteville, and Peabody. FWD to the 2nd half against SP them boys were spent and injured trying to fend off that good D- Line of SP but they continued to fight. Thought SP did a better job of exploiting McKenzie's weakness and the Rebels just didn't make the necessary adjustments all in all I thought it was a very good game to watch. 

15 hours ago, Pirateman28 said:

Sounds like we will see you guys in Chattanooga can’t wait to start the season.

1a is McKenzie’s to lose. They should be the favorites on every list. If you say otherwise you are just lying to yourself. If McKenzie can’t do it this year, with all of those weapons, Comer should hang it up.

5 minutes ago, Waker said:

1a is McKenzie’s to lose. They should be the favorites on every list. If you say otherwise you are just lying to yourself. If McKenzie can’t do it this year, with all of those weapons, Comer should hang it up.

Totally disagree there is not much that separates McKenzie from Peabody and Fayetteville as the favorite. If you are playing 7on 7 I take Mckenzie hands down but you still have to factor in line play and that could still be a question mark for Mckenzie. No disrespect but to say Comer should hang it up is just silly IMO if he loses to one those good teams.