Peabody Golden Tide 2022

3 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

There is nothing but respect for McKenzie from the people that know what is going on. Can not say enough about the kids on both teams. Played against each other in state semifinal for football, state quarterfinal in basketball, and state semifinal in baseball. If you take a step back and look at that it is an incredible accomplishment for both schools. It shows how special these young men are from both schools. 

I second this !

44 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Glad you chimed on Biggie ! I Habe never heard a Falcon fan one complain about the size of teams they play , matter fact all I have heard is the Falcons play hard and Have a lot of talent for being such a small school from you guys ! And that’s not excuse just a fact LC is tiny student body wise and no crying from the fans on here !!!!!!!!

Just to me,do you want to see your school play tough opponents close to your size and know it's a tough game or play a team you know your going to win by 50 points most games.I know Union City may beat LC first game.Maybe lose to Central.And Trenton.But I'd rather drive to see these games than to see maybe a game against Fulton Co and win by 50 points and thats pulling the staters.I saw some pretty good Fulton Co teams years ago but been a long time.

Edited by mrbigster

45 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Glad you chimed on Biggie ! I Habe never heard a Falcon fan one complain about the size of teams they play , matter fact all I have heard is the Falcons play hard and Have a lot of talent for being such a small school from you guys ! And that’s not excuse just a fact LC is tiny student body wise and no crying from the fans on here !!!!!!!!

Years ago.I always thought Union City and ECS was a good measuring stick to what kind of season would have.Then Also Bruceton in the day.Crowds lined up 4 deep standing room to watch LC vs Bruceton usually during Thanksgiving when other teams were sitting home.Saw a heck of slugfest against McKenzie and Drew Hays.Miss messing with Ole Duck and Butchie.Have respect for the McKenzies,Union City,Huntingdon and Trenton.May talk trash beforehand but much respect.

Edited by mrbigster