Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

14 minutes ago, THE KING said:

We played clay county tonight.  We were down 32-22 at the end of 3.  Lady Landers are in a funk and Hampton is smelling like candy

It should have been a lot closer Clay was hitting everything and Cloudland went cold in the second and third quarters. Celina is a tough place to play after traveling that far.  Both teams looked sloppy at times, but I know on a neutral court or on Roan mt. that game would have went down to the wire. 

First time watching Cloudland but, I did see that Cloudlands depth isn’t the greatest, is that all the players he usually dresses out for varsity? It couldn’t have been more than 9. 

11 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

It should have been a lot closer Clay was hitting everything and Cloudland went cold in the second and third quarters. Celina is a tough place to play after traveling that far.  Both teams looked sloppy at times, but I know on a neutral court or on Roan mt. that game would have went down to the wire. 

First time watching Cloudland but, I did see that Cloudlands depth isn’t the greatest, is that all the players he usually dresses out for varsity? It couldn’t have been more than 9. 

It's 10.  We have an injury.  We have 9 freshmen and only 1 of them dresses for varsity.  My twins are good players but they're not ready yet.  One more year of maturing will help.  We have a big freshman with a ton of potential but she's got to get tougher upstairs.  Coach is really working to get her to just cut loose and play. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, THE KING said:

We played clay county tonight.  We were down 32-22 at the end of 3.  Lady Landers are in a funk and Hampton is smelling like candy

I see we’re Coalfield beat Clay and Oneida is 15-20 points better than Coalfield. So region 2 might be a little better at the top then most think. 

7 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I see we’re Coalfield beat Clay and Oneida is 15-20 points better than Coalfield. So region 2 might be a little better at the top then most think. 

And coalfield lost to Wartburg and barely beat greenback who lost to rockwood.  But I've praised Oneida and their freshman class.  I'm glad they're moving up next year lol

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

And coalfield lost to Wartburg and barely beat greenback who lost to rockwood.  But I've praised Oneida and their freshman class.  I'm glad they're moving up next year lol

Oneida beat Cosby yesterday by 37 points, they will probably be hosting a sub state game for sure.