Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

18 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I see we’re Coalfield beat Clay and Oneida is 15-20 points better than Coalfield. So region 2 might be a little better at the top then most think. 

Clay wasn’t healthy by any means their best scorer and others were out when they played coalfield. If they played today Clay would beat them by 20 or so maybe more IMO. CC put on a dominating performance against Cloudland. Didn’t Pickett beat Oneida by 30?  Clay is more experienced and better overall than Pickett. I believe Pickett and Clay will both be in the big dance when March rolls around considering the substate teams they play are very weak. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

4 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Clay wasn’t healthy by any means their best scorer and others were out when they played coalfield. If they played today Clay would beat them by 20 or so maybe more IMO. CC put on a dominating performance against Cloudland. Didn’t Pickett beat Oneida by 30?  Clay is more experienced and better overall than Pickett. I believe Pickett and Clay will both be in the big dance when March rolls around considering the substate teams they play are very weak. 

I'm curious about clarkrange and RBS.  Both look very good.  That's a loaded region!  Hampton is playing the best ball in our district right now.  2 years ago they didn't even win 10 games.  Shows you the caliber of coach that carpenter is.

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2022 at 7:07 PM, THE KING said:

I'm curious about clarkrange and RBS.  Both look very good.  That's a loaded region!  Hampton is playing the best ball in our district right now.  2 years ago they didn't even win 10 games.  Shows you the caliber of coach that carpenter is.

Don’t count North Green out. They beat Granger last night. All these games are just giving them confidence and then if they get their players back they will be hard to beat. 

1 hour ago, Myob said:

Don’t count North Green out. They beat Granger last night. All these games are just giving them confidence and then if they get their players back they will be hard to beat. 

Was at the game. North Greene dressed seven players. Early on, it looked like fouls would be a problem for NG, but they hung on to beat a team that had beaten them earlier this year. 

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Grainger is not bad but not what they were last year 

It’s so hard to tell who’s good and who’s not lol. I thought NG might be pretty good. But I have ? now, because Dainel Boone lost to a not very good Karns team last night and Daniel Boone beat NG by 25. so I would think Hampton and Cloudland are probably the best teams in region 1

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

It’s so hard to tell who’s good and who’s not lol. I thought NG might be pretty good. But I have ? now, because Dainel Boone lost to a not very good Karns team last night and Daniel Boone beat NG by 25. so I would think Hampton and Cloudland are probably the best teams in region 1

Right now I'd give the edge to Hampton.  They play like they love the game and they've gotten really good at what they do.  They've only been challenged by south greene.  If our girls play their best game, it'll still be close because Hampton has yet to have an off night.  

Cosby was no match for Hampton.  They couldn't handle carp's trap press.  Last year, Sahara McKinney knifed through it.  It'll be interesting when they play.  We play the lady dogs jv tomorrow.  We both got thumped today.  Michelle shields dropped 40 on us.  Everyone will know her before she graduates