Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

12 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I’ve not seen Hampton play but I would say they have a good team, but take Cloudland, SG & NG off their schedule and they haven’t played anyone, it could come back to bite them. But region 1 has no competition besides Oneida.

They are a very good team and they battle hard.  I do think we have the edge at home

38 minutes ago, THE KING said:

They are a very good team and they battle hard.  I do think we have the edge at home

Big game, the winner of the region tournament is almost guaranteed a trip to the glass house. I saw some of region 2 over the holidays and I can say outside of Oneida it is way down. 

Huge wins by jv and varsity girls.  The lady landers toughness was put on display holding Hampton in the 40s despite giving up 32 in the first half.  Hampton is ever bit as good as their ranking and it's gonna hurt us bad with Sahara McKinney injuring her knee.  I think Matt found out tonight that his freshman and sophomore are pretty dang good.  McKenzie Street and Regan Blair stepped up big and proved they can hang with anybody.  I'm really proud of the resolve shown tonight.  Matt schedules these tough games for a reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

Huge wins by jv and varsity girls.  The lady landers toughness was put on display holding Hampton in the 40s despite giving up 32 in the first half.  Hampton is ever bit as good as their ranking and it's gonna hurt us bad with Sahara McKinney injuring her knee.  I think Matt found out tonight that his freshman and sophomore are pretty dang good.  McKenzie Street and Regan Blair stepped up big and proved they can hang with anybody.  I'm really proud of the resolve shown tonight.  Matt schedules these tough games for a reason. 

Anyone know the extent of Mckinney’s injury? I’m SO PROUD OF THE ROAN MTN GIRLS for Maintaining their Composure and FINISHING. Great Win Lady Landers I’m So Happy for You. You took down Not only the # 1 team in the State but your greatest Rival. I’m just filled with Joy for your Unbelievable Performance. It’s going to be a Tough rematch but i believe the confidence and perseverance that you displayed Tonight will serve you well through the next matchup and the rest of the Season. Congrats !!!

11 hours ago, THE KING said:

A good win last night King. Sounds like the first of many battles coming up for the Lady Dogs and Lady Landers. I personally hope they can avoid each other in the region semis. I would say the best chance for that happening is for the Lady Dogs and Lady Landers to finish first and second in the District Tournament. It would be awesome to see both teams heading down the Murfreesboro but a lot right is going to have to happen for that to occur.

9 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Anyone know the extent of Mckinney’s injury? I’m SO PROUD OF THE ROAN MTN GIRLS for Maintaining their Composure and FINISHING. Great Win Lady Landers I’m So Happy for You. You took down Not only the # 1 team in the State but your greatest Rival. I’m just filled with Joy for your Unbelievable Performance. It’s going to be a Tough rematch but i believe the confidence and perseverance that you displayed Tonight will serve you well through the next matchup and the rest of the Season. Congrats !!!

No new info yet.  I'm praying hard it's not an acl.  Sahara is an elite defender and ball handler.  It makes our matchups with unaka and NG tougher because she guards Ramsey.  We were emotionally charged in the 2nd half last night.  It might be tough for us on a different night.  But it is exciting to see those younger girls showcase their talents.  

1 minute ago, dogtruth said:

A good win last night King. Sounds like the first of many battles coming up for the Lady Dogs and Lady Landers. I personally hope they can avoid each other in the region semis. I would say the best chance for that happening is for the Lady Dogs and Lady Landers to finish first and second in the District Tournament. It would be awesome to see both teams heading down the Murfreesboro but a lot right is going to have to happen for that to occur.

Thanks pal.  Hampton has caught up to us with ability.  And I'm still waiting to hear about Sahara.  But hopefully it's nothing too serious