Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

18 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I have Jan 3 circled on my schedule. Hampton at South Greene. 

Alot more at stake when cland plays Hampton.  District, region, who hosts substate.  We can't forget about NG either.  They can pee on our parade.  I think it's great that we have such good competition in d1.  No matter how good we are, it'll still be tough to get to state.  You have the eagles in d2.  You have Oneida and coalfield in r2 who are ranked. 

9 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Alot more at stake when cland plays Hampton.  District, region, who hosts substate.  We can't forget about NG either.  They can pee on our parade.  I think it's great that we have such good competition in d1.  No matter how good we are, it'll still be tough to get to state.  You have the eagles in d2.  You have Oneida and coalfield in r2 who are ranked. 

Of course, you are right. 

13 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

Not sure how it happened, but I know that I sure LMAO'd at it when I saw the score come in.

Yeah a few weeks ago they were losing to chucky Doak and they are not a good team.  I don't understand.  We beat Johnson County last night like a drum.  Ella Benfield had 40+

1 minute ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Unicoi girls gave Boone all they wanted tonight. Flores girl seems like the real deal 

Yeah she is.  Every starter from last years grandview team can start as freshmen.  We beat hv 40-28.  To their credit,  they played us very hard and used a matchup zone to limit our inside game.  We have a pistol sophomore who's been making big shots or we'd be in trouble.  Hampton will run us off the floor if things don't get better. 

Makenzie Street led us with 9 points.  She's just a sophomore but she's improved so much since jr high.  The jv players are not afraid to shoot the basketball and they have a desire to get better.  I'm taking both of mine to a gym in avery county saturday.  They expressed after the game they wanted to correct some bad habits.  If this attitude stays with this group, they are going to be very good when its their turn.  I've watched Hampton girls quite a bit and they have fun on the court.  They play with desire.  We've got to respond better to when we are challenged on the court.  Anderson has been coaching a long long time and he's getting all the effort out of the lady warriors.  They have 5 starters with no subs and they played their butts off to the end.  I'm hoping we can get a more positive mindset when these conference games start.