Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

With the Hampton moving up, and the lack of talent at the MS level for Unaka and NG, this looks to be the last season of good, competitive basketball in District 1. Hancock and Clinch are coming over, but Hancock is just terrible and Clinch doesn't even play a district schedule. Cloudland will be winning every district game by 25+ after this year. 

15 hours ago, baldeagle22 said:

They will definitely be knocked off the throne they lost a big chunk of their team last year and I think people are giving them too much credit. Buchanan only looked good because of the girls he’s had for the last 4/5 years not because he can actually coach. 

I think NG will drop some this year but should still be competitive. I believe Cloudland and Hampton will battle it out for the top spot with Unaka and NG battling it out for 3rd. I do think NG could be a contender by the time the District tournament is here.

Cland's problem is depth.  After the starting 5, there is a drop off.  Only one of our freshmen class is ready for varsity.  This class is talented enough to beat varsity teams like Johnson County, uh, and Hancock but they're not ready for games against Hampton,  NG,  or Cosby.  We can't afford to get in foul trouble because we have no post who can play at the level of Benfield and christman 

3 hours ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

NG’s best player possibly broke her leg last night. Haven’t heard for sure but it was a pretty bad injury. 

Thats terrible.  I hope Ramsey gets to play her senior season.  No kid should have to miss their senior year.  

On another note,  we got off to a slow start but managed to beat S. East 59-52.  The patriots must have made some changes because they were bad during the summer.  

20 hours ago, THE KING said:

Thats terrible.  I hope Ramsey gets to play her senior season.  No kid should have to miss their senior year.  

On another note,  we got off to a slow start but managed to beat S. East 59-52.  The patriots must have made some changes because they were bad during the summer.  

Jenna Hare is still with East I reckon... she may be all they have this year.  We beat East right after the Lady Landers did.  I wasn't there since the boys were playing Hampton at the same time, but we ended up beating them by 19.

Look forward to playing both the Lady Landers and Lady Rangers next week in the Food City tournament.  Especially excited to see the Ramsey girl play again.

31 minutes ago, TribalEmpire said:

Jenna Hare is still with East I reckon... she may be all they have this year.  We beat East right after the Lady Landers did.  I wasn't there since the boys were playing Hampton at the same time, but we ended up beating them by 19.

Look forward to playing both the Lady Landers and Lady Rangers next week in the Food City tournament.  Especially excited to see the Ramsey girl play again.

Yes Ramsey is another level