Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

On 10/12/2022 at 12:00 PM, RodgerDodger32 said:

Looking ahead to the season I believe Hampton, Cloudland, and Unaka will be fighting for 1-3 and NG will end up being 4th. NG returns two good guards but lost a lot the last couple of years. They could sneak up on some teams and finish in the top but overall, I feel like the other three teams will be a little better. Should be a really exciting year in District 1A. Likely two teams representing at the state tourney if things go as planned. 

If Hampton has the same energy as back in the summer, I'd say they are the number 1 team.  We're going to need to find another gear.  I'd say alot will depend on who comes off the bench.  I know a sophomore and two freshmen that I'd give a lot of minutes to.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Well, football is over and we had scrimmages at heritage today.   We looked very good beating Knox halls.  They had no answer for christman and Benfield.  Jv defeated sevier County by 10.  My girls made 3 treys.  If our varsity keeps this up we're going to be a lock.

Good to hear King. I look forward to seeing the lady Landers play…am hearing NG has had some girls quit. Don’t know who but last I heard they had 9 total girl in the program. Not much talent either coming up 

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

Good to hear King. I look forward to seeing the lady Landers play…am hearing NG has had some girls quit. Don’t know who but last I heard they had 9 total girl in the program. Not much talent either coming up 

They're still on the throne til someone knocks them off. I got a lot of respect for coach Buchanan.  We gotta prepare everyday to be at our best.  It got chippy with Knox halls today.  

On 11/12/2022 at 9:08 PM, THE KING said:

They're still on the throne til someone knocks them off. I got a lot of respect for coach Buchanan.  We gotta prepare everyday to be at our best.  It got chippy with Knox halls today.  

They will definitely be knocked off the throne they lost a big chunk of their team last year and I think people are giving them too much credit. Buchanan only looked good because of the girls he’s had for the last 4/5 years not because he can actually coach.