Region 1-A Early outlook 2022

THE KING

36 minutes ago, Myob said:

No way Hampton is number 2 in this area or in the state. Ng only has 6 players and gave them all they wante

d. 

I was able to attend tonight and after 1st quarter Hampton was cruising along and then made several mental mistakes in 2nd half like they did against Cloudland that let NG back in game. I give the NG coach props for hanging with only six, they could have easily folded down about 14 I believe, but after 5-6 straight turnovers by Hampton and some shots that fell for NG, they were back in it. If Hampton gets the mental aspect cleared up, I think NG gets beat by 10-15+ with 10 players on bench. I think Friday when they rematch Cloudland will be a test for Hampton to get over the mental problems or not. If they do, they have a good shot going past regionals. 

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

My daughter scored her first hs points tonight against uh.  They both got to play. I was tickled. 

Good for You KING. . Must be an awfully proud Dad tonight. I appreciate not only your enthusiasm for the Landers but your straight up analysis on HS sports. I’m a Carter Co native. A little closer to the Unaka side. But i still follow the teams i grew up playing. And my heart is always in the Mtns. Cloudland just AMAZES me that they’re competitive in every Sport but have one of the smallest HS enrollments according to the TSSAA. I’ve always said those Kids from Roan Mtn are just a different breed. And the success they continue to prove on the field and court is commendable. I look forward to seeing how the Girls do in this season’s playoffs and the next few years. 

4 hours ago, IPOPU2022 said:

Good for You KING. . Must be an awfully proud Dad tonight. I appreciate not only your enthusiasm for the Landers but your straight up analysis on HS sports. I’m a Carter Co native. A little closer to the Unaka side. But i still follow the teams i grew up playing. And my heart is always in the Mtns. Cloudland just AMAZES me that they’re competitive in every Sport but have one of the smallest HS enrollments according to the TSSAA. I’ve always said those Kids from Roan Mtn are just a different breed. And the success they continue to prove on the field and court is commendable. I look forward to seeing how the Girls do in this season’s playoffs and the next few years. 

Thanks.  And I appreciate you being here to comment.  This board not as lively anymore.  There used to be a tri-county seven thread every week. 

On 2/4/2023 at 4:59 AM, THE KING said:

Lyndie Ramsey.  29 out of 41 points. 

Last season, Unaka played at South Greene and got clobbered. Lyndie Ramsey had not suited-up because she was injured. Later last season, SG paid Unaka a visit and lost because Ramsey was playing once again.

Last night, I made it a point to go to the SG/Unaka game, because I still had not seen Ramsey play in person. She is a great player possessing heart, confidence, aggressiveness and a mind for the game. She has a bright future at the next level. I wish her the very best!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

Last season, Unaka played at South Greene and got clobbered. Lyndie Ramsey had not suited-up because she was injured. Later last season, SG paid Unaka a visit and lost because Ramsey was playing once again.

Last night, I made it a point to go to the SG/Unaka game, because I still had not seen Ramsey play in person. She is a great player possessing heart, confidence, aggressiveness and a mind for the game. She has a bright future at the next level. I wish her the very best!

Thank you for those kind words she has worked very hard.  It has been a hard season for her but she is leaving everything on the floor.

4 hours ago, Americal198 said:

She's got what it takes to play college ball.  She's good at getting inside a defenders head.  You gotta have some swag to play in college and She's got it.

• Thanks 1