Enrollment Numbers

Just now, Croppygenius said:

Hope yall stay 1a. All this talk about teams going 2a worries me. TSSAA will exile us across the river if they get the chance. Hate playing over there. Love it where we are playing a great schedule.

Unless there's some monumental changes I don't see us leaving 1A. In the future I wouldn't be shocked to see us bumped up or at least be like y'all and McKenzie teetering between classes. I really hope y'all don't get sent across the river again, football around here is more interesting around here when y'all are playing local teams. Not teams from 100+miles away

3 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Unless there's some monumental changes I don't see us leaving 1A. In the future I wouldn't be shocked to see us bumped up or at least be like y'all and McKenzie teetering between classes. I really hope y'all don't get sent across the river again, football around here is more interesting around here when y'all are playing local teams. Not teams from 100+miles away

Teetering is over for the Mustangs, we'll never see 1a again. Huntingdon tends to make thing interesting in West Tennessee. We're going to be pretty tough the next 4 or 5 years. Lose only 5 starters this year and have a succession of very strong classes in the pipiline.

13 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Teetering is over for the Mustangs, we'll never see 1a again. Huntingdon tends to make thing interesting in West Tennessee. We're going to be pretty tough the next 4 or 5 years. Lose only 5 starters this year and have a succession of very strong classes in the pipiline.

Next year could be really special for y'all. I still recall those junior high teams the current sophomores and juniors were on. Tough. How's Rivers recovery going? Still an all out shame he's missing the season.

9 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

The paper has you guys at 389 but that probably counts the junior high in that number.  I am not sure how the TSSAA counts that since the you could allow 7th and 8th graders play with the high school. 

Only high schoolers are counted by the TSSAA. The fact that a middle schooler Could play for the HS is moot because we've never had one even dress out for the high school to my knowledge. 

25 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Next year could be really special for y'all. I still recall those junior high teams the current sophomores and juniors were on. Tough. How's Rivers recovery going? Still an all out shame he's missing the season.

He looks good, in the best shape he's been in, working hard. You know he's one of three defensive starters the Mustangs lost before the season began!

7 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Only high schoolers are counted by the TSSAA. The fact that a middle schooler Could play for the HS is moot because we've never had one even dress out for the high school to my knowledge. 

Got you. I didn't know if once the 8th graders were through with MS, you guys let them move up.  

Curious: is this an average of how many students showed up from days 1-20? Or is this is the amount of students that showed up on the 20th day of school? If it's the amount of students that showed up on the 20th day of school, then it wouldn't surprised me if there are certain that are telling students to stay home *cough cough*.

Regardless, York Institute, Clarksburg, and Elizabethon all submitted today. Middleton submitted their number yesterday. West Tennessee (other than Shelby County) should be clear. 

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

He looks good, in the best shape he's been in, working hard. You know he's one of three defensive starters the Mustangs lost before the season began!

He's a good one. Still remember him winning the middle school all star game MVP here at West Carroll. Hope he's back and better than ever next season. 

40 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Curious: is this an average of how many students showed up from days 1-20? Or is this is the amount of students that showed up on the 20th day of school? If it's the amount of students that showed up on the 20th day of school, then it wouldn't surprised me if there are certain that are telling students to stay home *cough cough*.

Regardless, York Institute, Clarksburg, and Elizabethon all submitted today. Middleton submitted their number yesterday. West Tennessee (other than Shelby County) should be clear. 

Thank goodness Clarksburg is finally in! Now we're cooking with heat.