Haywood Tomcats 2022

Kruger77

Just now, ManOfMillions said:

Got any Hornet fans you can spare? 

You're the only Hornet fan I know.  Wait, now that I think about it, I do know one teacher at SGC.  However, I doubt said teacher comes to the T.

I wish all of the Region 7 teams had more fans.  It would make things a lot more interesting.

25 minutes ago, stacmot said:

You're the only Hornet fan I know.  Wait, now that I think about it, I do know one teacher at SGC.  However, I doubt said teacher comes to the T.

I wish all of the Region 7 teams had more fans.  It would make things a lot more interesting.

@ManOfMillions Come on over and join our side.  You can wear purple.  I hear it's your favorite color.

Edited by stacmot

44 minutes ago, stacmot said:

@ManOfMillions Come on over and join our side.  You can wear purple.  I hear it's your favorite color.

Gross. I would rather have my prostate examined by Freddy Krueger than wear that unnaturally, hideous color. 

I would rather sit front row of Nickelback concert....  Purple looks good on little babies, rainbows, and BPM. 

3 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Gross. I would rather have my prostate examined by Freddy Krueger than wear that unnaturally, hideous color. 

I would rather sit front row of Nickelback concert....  Purple looks good on little babies, rainbows, and BPM. 

Freddy is Ready...Good Luck M.O.M.  I have a feeling you're going to need it!

Freddy Krueger (original timeline) | Horror Film Wiki | Fandom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

It is sad that 1A Lake County stepped up to play Haywood and none of the bigger schools would not play them. It's a game that Lake County probably cannot win but will give it their all. 

It is sad we both have trouble scheduling more teams/schools closer to our size.  

Haywood has had scheduling problems ever since the 1960s, so this problem isn’t anything new. I know Lake Co. has had scheduling problems for a long time as well.

Don't say Lake Co. probably can't win.  Y'all have beaten Ripley (4A at the time) and 4A Crockett County over the past several years. I saw that never quit attitude last year.  It's no telling what might happen on Oct. 6.

52 minutes ago, stacmot said:

It is sad we both have trouble scheduling more teams/schools closer to our size.  

Haywood has had scheduling problems ever since the 1960s, so this problem isn’t anything new. I know Lake Co. has had scheduling problems for a long time as well.

Don't say Lake Co. probably can't win.  Y'all have beaten Ripley (4A at the time) and 4A Crockett County over the past several years. I saw that never quit attitude last year.  It's no telling what might happen on Oct. 6.

No doubt the Falcons will come to Haywood with the mentality to win the game and no they will not quit at all.

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

No doubt the Falcons will come to Haywood with the mentality to win the game and no they will not quit at all.

^^^^^RESPECT^^^^^^ Be a good winner/loser. You never know what could happen. I tip my hat to the Falcons for lining up and playing such an opponent. Let's be honest. They are not going to eat you. It may seem that way when they walk out on the field... But, I promise they are not going to salt and pepper you. 

This is a part of an article I saw in the Paris Post-Intelligencer.  It doesn't say a lot, but I thought some fellow Tomcat fans might like reading it.

"The Patriots will wrap up preseason drills on Aug. 12 when they host the Henry County Football Jamboree at Patriot Stadium. Play will begin at 5:30 p.m. with West Carroll taking on Stewart County in two quarters of action. The 6:30 p.m. contest pits Jackson North Side against Paducah Tilghman with Henry County meeting Haywood County at 7:30 p.m. At 8:30 p.m., McKenzie takes on McCracken County, Ky. and at 9:30 p.m., McCracken County will play Dresden.

Tickets for the jamboree will be sold at the Patriot Stadium gates. They will cost $10.

Counce says Haywood County offers the Patriots a different kind of challenge.

“They may not be the kind of program that pays quite as much attention to the details as Christian Brothers or MBA do, but they challenge with the sheer amount of athleticism they put out on the field. After playing the kind of detail-oriented teams, I like having to face a little looser and more athletic team like this that will force us to react in different ways because we are going to see all kinds of teams before the season is over,” said Counce."

• Like 1