2022 Single A Volleyball

Rockstar89

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown loses middle hitter and all stayer Abby Shaffer  to torn ACL in travel ball ( don’t give girls time to rest legs enough too many injuries like this ) so some of you pretenders may have chance this year 

wow, thats a huge loss. She was a boss

22 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown loses middle hitter and all stayer Abby Shaffer  to torn ACL in travel ball ( don’t give girls time to rest legs enough too many injuries like this ) so some of you pretenders may have chance this year 

Don't blame travel ball for not enough rest if the young lady plays basketball too.

2 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Don't blame travel ball for not enough rest if the young lady plays basketball too.

I don’t necessarily blame travel ball just puts more stress on knees and if susceptible to that kind of injury might and I emphasize might happen easier but could happen going down steps the wrong way - my personal opinion as you can tell I’m not in favor of an extended travel ball season that starts right after one sport and runs till another sport starts 

19 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

I don’t necessarily blame travel ball just puts more stress on knees and if susceptible to that kind of injury might and I emphasize might happen easier but could happen going down steps the wrong way - my personal opinion as you can tell I’m not in favor of an extended travel ball season that starts right after one sport and runs till another sport starts 

Sounds like this young lady is susceptible to these types of injuries.  Good luck to her

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2023 at 9:38 AM, Jaychapman said:

Just saw where the “ Tennessean “ newspaper selected nominees for player of year in volleyball and Summertowns state MVP was not even mentioned among the 10 - shows must be popularity contest 

There is a massive talent gap between A and AAA (and privates).  Who would you remove from this list so Summertowns MVP can be added.

2 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

There is a massive talent gap between A and AAA (and privates).  Who would you remove from this list so Summertowns MVP can be added.

Nobody I’m just saying would be nice for an MVP in any division to at least be recognized after all Summertown did beat 2 teams that had girls represented 

On 6/12/2023 at 12:34 PM, TeeterTot2 said:

I don't disagree with EITHER of you. There is a huge difference in A to AAA and its hard to include everyone...but to Jay's point Summertown has won over 40 matches each season in the last 2 or 3 including wins over very good bigger schools - and even played decently against Nolensville and Brentwood the last couple of years. They aren't a typical single A team. That said, Summertown is "out of the way" and being a small town so far away is just not gonna get the attention in mainstream media even with the success. Alot of local sports writers are lazy when it comes to "minor" sports too and instead of searching out things, they just print what is handed to them. Alot of it lands on coaches and ADs as well. I have asked writers why they don't report on certain things and they say they have reached out to coaches and AD's with no response.  So there's a lot that goes into these things.