South Pittsburg declines Marion

5 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Again Sp has nothing to gain by playing Jasper and it truly showed it tonight. 

Actually it would have been more beneficial than losing a game against CCS and I know for a fact the gate would have been much bigger than either had tonight. Another reason is for all we know could have swayed a new batch of recruits for the pirate ship next year, they’ll need em. 

20 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Actually it would have been more beneficial than losing a game against CCS and I know for a fact the gate would have been much bigger than either had tonight. Another reason is for all we know could have swayed a new batch of recruits for the pirate ship next year, they’ll need em. 

:lol:  Sequatchie put 50 points on you....50..... again 50 points :lol: 

And the gate at CCS was probably bigger than the last few times we mercy ruled yall.  

Let's go over this again so it's better to get 50 points scored on you against Sequatchie Co ( no disrespect to Seq) than 41 against a team with 3 major D1 athletes one which will likely be top 5 in his class in the state. 

Again 50 points :lol:

Edited by oneyewilly

23 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

:lol:  Sequatchie put 50 points on you....50..... again 50 points :lol: 

And the gate at CCS was probably bigger than the last few times we mercy ruled yall.  

Let's go over this again so it's better to get 50 points scored on you against Sequatchie Co ( no disrespect to Seq) than 41 against a team with 3 major D1 athletes one which will likely be top 5 in his class in the state. 

Again 50 points :lol:

I’m not a fan of either team, but if you think a closer game would not benefit your team than getting the whole team “juked out by Boo”. Then you are delusional I know how bad Sequatchie is I watched them scrimmage. I promise you the game between you and them would be more beneficial. That’s why I was wondering why you guys wouldn’t play them?  

Just now, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I just don’t understand why decided to play teams like CCS and Oakland who aren’t going to travel as well.  I was just looking at it from a realist perspective, I guess that the mutual hate is enough to build up or destroy a good rivalry. 

When both teams are good the gates are unreal. When one or the other isn't well it's like anyone else I reckon. Fair weather fans for both schools are reflective of crowd sizes. Jasper has had home games against the Pirates and were outnumbered 10 to 1. I also remember the 2014 game at SP when Jasper broke an 8 game losing streak and the Pirates didn't have 50 people there. I'm glad the series is over actually. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I just don’t understand why they decided to play teams like CCS and Oakland who aren’t going to travel as well.  I was just looking at it from a realist perspective, I guess that the mutual hate is enough to build up or destroy a good rivalry. 

Oakland filled the stands last year. Murfreesboro a tad bigger than Jasper. If the Parents  just came to the game it would fill up a third. They stretched all from goal line to goal line.  Lol

16 minutes ago, team69 said:

Oakland filled the stands last year. Murfreesboro a tad bigger than Jasper. If the Parents  just came to the game it would fill up a third. They stretched all from goal line to goal line.  Lol

Let's be real here. That was the only game around on a Thursday night and a lot of them folks was locals wanting to see the Pirates get it handed to them. 

• Upvote 1

Old Pirate speaking with a couple fellers the last week or so confirmed South Pittsburg ain’t the only school refusing to schedule Jasper. The talk is the new Jailhouse High Principal is attempting to be become director of scheduling for the county football season. What in tarnation kind of mess is this? Three county schools, two refusing to schedule Jailhouse High should send an alert. And now that director of scheduling attitude has gone down to little league program. Seems to this old skillet head theys a far HEEP that needs to grow up. Recon nuff said bout all the the stink. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE
  • Upvote 2

Just now, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate speaking with a couple fellers the last week or so confirmed South Pittsburg ain’t the only school refusing to schedule Jasper. The talk is the new Jailhouse High Principal is attempting to be become director of scheduling for the county football season. What in tarnation kind of mess is this? Three county schools, two refusing to schedule Jailhouse High should send an alert. And now that director of scheduling attitude has gone down to little league program. Seems to this old skillet head theys a far HEEP that needs to grow up. Recon nuff said bout all the the stink. 

On 8/15/2022 at 8:43 AM, Marionisyourdaddy said:

How many times did you pay a players rent ???

Y’all better start paying some rent for some of them Dunlap kids that play football instead of recruiting MS girls basketball players from the area, because it looks like y’all fellas need some help. 

SP just mercy ruled the team that put a 50 Piece on your forehead. Once again though this thread stems from someone up the road worrying about SP instead of how to win football games in November and December. Those layup lines will come sooner than anticipated this season in Jasper.

Edited by CastIronHero
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/27/2022 at 1:08 AM, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I just don’t understand why they decided to play teams like CCS and Oakland who aren’t going to travel as well.  I was just looking at it from a realist perspective, I guess that the mutual hate is enough to build up or destroy a good rivalry. 

Go back through this thread and actually read some posts as to why.  It has to do with 10 years of shenanigans by adults which the current head coach was in the middle of.