WESTVIEW vs DRESDEN, Sat. Aug. 20th

HevyReturns

15 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

i feel bad. you want to be funny. but you just arent. im done talking about them. im calling 7-3. what are you predicting

Not trying to be funny, just think it’s a reach to say one player was all the team had. A little research shows that there are at least 5 players from that team last year who are playing college football this Fall, not counting Simpson. They were talented all over the field. After looking at their schedule I think Dresden, Peabody, Fairview, UC, and Huntingdon will be tough games for them. Southside should be much improved too. 7-3 sounds close but not just because the QB graduated. 

13 hours ago, TNfootball1125 said:

They've got about 56. unapproved website isn't accurate. Just as it listed way more for Dresden than they actually have

Yeah I saw that too. Said Dresden had 83 players.. we have 50-ish, I think 52, but some were not there at the meet & greet when I was counting. Thinking that other site included middle school players too. But still, 50 is pretty big for us in 1A.. we don’t have to make hardly anyone go Ironman/all-ways this year. Could even have 3 separate squads, O, D, special teams if the players were athletic enough. We’ll see Saturday. 

19 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

wins how. in OT? weak comment masquerading as some authoritative enlightenment

Lmao why would they play overtime when Westview would be up by 3-4 scores? #12 was obviously the second best athlete on the field and the 3rd was #6 for Westview. There were 4 teams better than Hampton in the west last year. Why does that bother you so much?

20 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

His last name was Ross. He's a good looking high school QB. Their backs look like some monsters. You can watch their jamboree on YouTube. Worthy Road Studios 

I heard he transferred in from Greenfield? Does Westview just not have a QB in the senior class or what?

51 minutes ago, theguy87 said:

I heard he transferred in from Greenfield? Does Westview just not have a QB in the senior class or what?

That makes sense, I knew I knew the kid from somewhere. As far as Westview not having a senior QB idk. The kid that was originally behind Simpson transferred to Henry County his freshman year and has been a 4 year starter there. Idk if they had someone else after and Ross was just better or what 

5 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

That makes sense, I knew I knew the kid from somewhere. As far as Westview not having a senior QB idk. The kid that was originally behind Simpson transferred to Henry County his freshman year and has been a 4 year starter there. Idk if they had someone else after and Ross was just better or what 

The Damron kid is from Westview?

(Got some time, feeling a little goofy just before my train heads to zzztown.. so I’m gonna apost.. haha, sizzling eyes time!!) 

Tik.. Tik.. Tik.. the clock is moving. Saturday will be here before we know it. This game’s been one of the first for awhile usually played on Thursday, with everyone looking to see how the teams stacked up. Now.. we’ll be one of last games played to open the season and we’ll know how all the others did & if there were any upsets. I not a guru nor a whiz at analysis, so I not good at predicting. Just a homer & fanboy of the local team.. which has been DRESDEN LIIONS since 2010 when we moved here. And I know some folks & families & ex-players for the Chargers, so I try to be nice on my predictions.. but my big belly gut is getting a hunch that Lions will win this game pretty big.. not necessarily in a score sense, but by domination, Coach Hodge on O is more a ball-control and ground &  pound with machine-like scoring, with a shutdown D that can bend but not break, so he doesn’t usually win with a running clock score, not like a Coach Rang who did try to see how much we could score & run up the difference. But a win is a win. . And though the O may have various styles, and Hodge may surprise everyone with a whole new O look & scheme at times, who knows, we may put up 60 or 70 in some games, But on D.. seems like Dresden has an image and style for years that everyone knows about, being one of toughest & stingiest ones anywhere. Which is a good test for opponents, for if they do good against our D and score some, maybe even win>> but NOT this year, we’ll be 15-0 again when we get our second gold in Chatt’nooga.. but there may be a few teams who might be able to brag that they scored more than other teams, like: we did 21 against Lions, y’all only did 7, we’re better.. ha-ha ). Then they can brag  with their relatively good showing against our better, more dominant team with our better coaches & schemes, better players all the way around, better cheerleaders & student section, better managers & sideline aid help, & now even a better band thanks to our new & better administratIon/ office/ principal, with the better world-famous 12th MAN LION NATION FANS & DRESDEN QUARTERBACK CLUB supporting it all loud & proud.. with the better FIREWORKS CREW and NEW LIGHTS & NEW SCOREBOARD at home, even the extra band of volunteers playing on homemade stuff in the student section helping out our awesome school band is better.. with an ever-increasing amount of better noise-making cowbells, horns, rocks-in-bottle marionettes , and VOICES second to none!! Heard some of our homers take, not elocution lessons like public speakers & singers do, nope, we take YELLINCUTION lessons, projecting voices to where all the players & other side hears it, & can’t forget it. It’s just a better slight edge to get into their heads & demoralize perhaps, or get opponents thinking about the silly fans too & laughing & relaxing, so now they out of focus and mind is elsewhere, then BOOM, Lions make another big play or score on O. Or it’ll help hold back opponents with our brutal D. Thus we also have better fan help & psyops tactics against opponents. Sho’ ‘nuff all y’all.  So yep, with all these things & tactics & extra help from fans and such, yeah.. I getting increasingly a big feeling that Lions going all the way this year. But, hehe, my gut feeling & big hopes may be that large hot n spicy burrito with pepper-Jack cheese, cayenne pepper, and habanero sauce I just ate. Please, I warn you,  NOBODY bet on the game because of my MIT-Stanford- Yale- & Hall of Fame Status as professional prognosticator.. none of that helps this old hick from the sticks. You’re all on your own, ha.. but yeah, methinks Dresden wins in a strong, dominant, controlling the game win, which isn’t that Westview is bad, we were just better on Sat. In fact they may win out with another Gold themselves in 2A, it’ll just be a telling of how good our Lions are, and what’s in store for our opponents the rest of the year. Tada. Tis done now. Burning eyes alert over, take off sunglasses & welding goggles. Lions-W, Chargers-L .