Peabody vs Milan Week 1

49 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

One more day folks ! 
if your bloods not boiling for some highschool ball week one you might be dead !!!! All jokes aside 1 A is already beat up with several contenders having some big time injuries, let’s keep those young men  in our thoughts and prayers ! 
                       Keys to the game 

1 Milan has a much more athletic group of talented linebackers this year, they  will play a crucial role for the Dawgs !

2 Milan has one of my favorite running backs I have seen , will he get the space to work in ? The Middle will be tough sledding, the edge will be tested early by Mialn, will Trenton answer the call after some struggles early to push the action back inside on D !

3 Battle of the recievers, I give the edge to the Tide be it ever so slight , Derek Key and several others can shine even with a sophomore QB slinging it around !

4 That brings us to the heavy equipment, year in year our people give the skill edge to Milan, as usual the Tide in the Trenches are big fast and very well coached ! As always the big uglies will have a lot to say in the outcome !

5 Swagger factor ! Milan’s senior class has never “sniffed” a victory against this Tide senior class ! Is this the year !? 

I always feel Milan has the edge against Trenton simply because of quality  of athletes they always have, but I guess as of late Trenton has better football players ! Yep Stolen from Gold  Doctor !  I am gonna give a prediction as I always have but  know one thing the past 5 years in private circles my prediction is very calculated ! 
                     PHS  26 Milan 24

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE 

I agree with most of this. Here are my thoughts. 

1.  I really want to see how our front 7 on defense match up with your O line. I have been really impressed with them this preseason. The D line isn’t super huge but those cats are fast and are quick off the ball. #6 for Milan is a beast. The linebackers are good as well. I hear that Carr has placed a premium on conditioning in the off season and it has shown in our scrimmages. We have looked fresh when Waverly and Dburg looked tired. Hopefully that will pay off in the 4th qtr against Trenton. 

2. QB play will be huge. Westbrooks is a stud athlete but has not started a regular season game yet. Who will play for Peabody?  If it’s Driggers he can’t possibly be 100%. I’ve seen the video. There’s just no way. If he plays I make him move. If the back up plays, I throw everything including the kitchen sink at the kid. 

3. Special teams will be key as well. They were last year. In last years game kick returns by Peabody killed us. Hopefully we have learned from that. Also Peabody’s kicker has missed 4 of his last 5 pat’s this preseason. Will that play a factor??

58 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with most of this. Here are my thoughts. 

1.  I really want to see how our front 7 on defense match up with your O line. I have been really impressed with them this preseason. The D line isn’t super huge but those cats are fast and are quick off the ball. #6 for Milan is a beast. The linebackers are good as well. I hear that Carr has placed a premium on conditioning in the off season and it has shown in our scrimmages. We have looked fresh when Waverly and Dburg looked tired. Hopefully that will pay off in the 4th qtr against Trenton. 

2. QB play will be huge. Westbrooks is a stud athlete but has not started a regular season game yet. Who will play for Peabody?  If it’s Driggers he can’t possibly be 100%. I’ve seen the video. There’s just no way. If he plays I make him move. If the back up plays, I throw everything including the kitchen sink at the kid. 

3. Special teams will be key as well. They were last year. In last years game kick returns by Peabody killed us. Hopefully we have learned from that. Also Peabody’s kicker has missed 4 of his last 5 pat’s this preseason. Will that play a factor??

Peabody's kicker made both against Crockett, missed the first against USJ (wide left). Then missed the first last week and made his last. He will be fine.

Edited by thunderbolts

38 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

Peabody's kicker made both against Crockett, missed the first against USJ (wide left). Then missed the first last week and made his last. He will be fine.

Ok. I have a question and it is probably my mistake for assuming. In the scrimmage vs USJ, I saw you guys lost 21-18. That made me think y’all missed 3 extra points. In the scrimmage vs SG I saw y’all lost 14-13. That made me think y’all went 1 for 2 on the extra points. That’s where I got the 4 out of 5 missed. What really happened??