Powell Panthers vs AC Mavericks

Mave4life8519

1 minute ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Heard it was Potts back before the ballgame but heard announcer say something about being his shoulder tonight. Anyone know, hope he gets well asap.

He took a sack hit/intentional grounding hit and camera angle wasn’t good but he stayed down. He stayed in but was out a few plays later. 

Edited by JohnnyUtah

31 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Without Potts and the starting RB, I'm not sure there is a lot to take away from this game. Powell was going to struggle defensively without Walter Nolen, much like they did in 2019 and 2020. They have some very good athletes in their front 7, but they just don't have enough beef up front. I do see an AC team that looks a lot like a few of the ones we've seen in recent years, and a good one at that.

But there will always be Greeneville waiting come November, and boy did they put a hurtin' on Central tonight.

Central still trying to figure out their last 2 losses from last year….

AC has always been one of the smartest teams around but Athletism they have struggled. This year with what looks to be an incredible turn around on Defense is what was desired!!!!! But what I have never seen was the over all Athleticlism and yes Speed. I Mean we are talking about Powell State champions and virtually everyone back. And Powell will possibly do it again and certainly can. But the Mavs have a balance from special teams to returns.

Congratulations to A Great Game and will specify more later! But its 1 Game at A Time Now! 

And I hope Powell heals up and becomes this years Champion Again! Because I Know Powell has the Athletes; 1st and 2nd String!!

10 minutes ago, HTV said:

Lots of rumors on Potts out there tonight. Been told he'll be evaluated tomorrow,  but it's more than just a ding. 

Hate it for him. Hesa really good kid and a tremendous high school QB. 

Man, if this is a significant injury, how sad. Heartbreaking for Jordyn, but Matt will have one heck of a challenge in front of him.

16 minutes ago, 2011Class said:

#11 for powell seems like the only one from there bunch that really has improved over the years to me #4 foust & #9 Redmond haven’t really improved since their soph season 

JJ has improved tremendously as a linebacker, which is where he projects at the next level. So I think for him, some of that is just because he's focused so much more on defense.

9 is another story. Lot of chatter out there regarding his work ethic, and rightly so. Incredible potential though, if he ever decides to take it to the next level.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

JJ has improved tremendously as a linebacker, which is where he projects at the next level. So I think for him, some of that is just because he's focused so much more on defense.

9 is another story. Lot of chatter out there regarding his work ethic, and rightly so. Incredible potential though, if he ever decides to take it to the next level.

Yeah. Foust has made himself a legit mid major prospect as a potential OLB or SS.