Powell Panthers vs AC Mavericks

Mave4life8519

AC looking good. Defense has a number on Potts. Hope he is ok though. Did not appear serious. Hope to see him back and ok second half and this will give a better feel for Mavs But the Mavs are Playing incredibly Good. AC turn up offence send in seconds for some early game play. Powell is reserved for this game with QB not playing but over all Athleticly I will go Mavs and that is Huge!

18 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

AC looking good. Defense has a number on Potts. Hope he is ok though. Did not appear serious. Hope to see him back and ok second half and this will give a better feel for Mavs But the Mavs are Playing incredibly Good. AC turn up offence send in seconds for some early game play. Powell is reserved for this game with QB not playing but over all Athleticly I will go Mavs and that is Huge!

With Potts, this game is much different! However, this is why each team puts their pants on one leg at a time! Kudos to AC thus far!

Just now, osunut2 said:

Well I think Lowe's decision to punt from the AC 40 on 4th and short is telling to open the second half. They are packing it in.

Expect nothing less… it don’t get any easier next week either… I expected the Powell D to be as good if not better this year. Maybe Nolen helped  Soles look like an AA!

6 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Powell is I think holding off...some... But I believe from what I am seeing The Mavs are Really For Real. I am going by all atrabutes and it looks like the Mavs have really good athletes in all areas. The Defense has opened up and is really doing well. Did not get enough from Potts to see but Stoukeberry is not a bad QB.

Davie had them ready to play, had Potts been healthy I’m not sure they win. Down 13-0 when he got hurt. 

7 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Powell is I think holding off...some... But I believe from what I am seeing The Mavs are Really For Real. I am going by all atrabutes and it looks like the Mavs have really good athletes in all areas. The Defense has opened up and is really doing well. Did not get enough from Potts to see but Stoukeberry is not a bad QB.

Without Potts and the starting RB, I'm not sure there is a lot to take away from this game. Powell was going to struggle defensively without Walter Nolen, much like they did in 2019 and 2020. They have some very good athletes in their front 7, but they just don't have enough beef up front. I do see an AC team that looks a lot like a few of the ones we've seen in recent years, and a good one at that.

But there will always be Greeneville waiting come November, and boy did they put a hurtin' on Central tonight.