Oneida @ Greenback

Spike016

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

And you thought we was blowin smoke :roflol:

I just don’t know what to say. Like O&B said our defense played great. Yes there was some bad calls both ways. But that was a game for the books. Great to see Crow I’m glad nation didn’t get any offers on your car. Just hope our school doesn’t lose this great rivalry. 

5 hours ago, GFD709SHREK said:

I just don’t know what to say. Like O&B said our defense played great. Yes there was some bad calls both ways. But that was a game for the books. Great to see Crow I’m glad nation didn’t get any offers on your car. Just hope our school doesn’t lose this great rivalry. 

Y’all have won something like 8 out of the last 10. I don’t see why he’s drop us, we’re a great record padder :-o

6 hours ago, crow said:

Well back at the barn and I’m gonna wrap this game thread up by saying thank you to @orngnblk and @GFD709SHREK for hosting me. I had a great time seeing y’all as alway. Thank you both. @Gbnation and @ladykee thanks for the parking spot and for not selling my car lol. Also to all the Greenback folks on the sidelines thanks for allowing me to watch the game with y’all again. I always enjoy that. 

I had a long drive back by myself and thought about something a lot. Oneida high school football has forgotten how to win. I’m not talking about in general but I mean how to close the game when it’s all on the line. Looking back over the last several years not just the last few but going way back we seem to nearly always fall short in these late 4th quarter down by a few with 2 or 3 minutes left to go. I’m not sure when the last one of those was that we actually pulled off. There was a time that was right in our wheel house. That time has passed. Hopefully we re-learn that someday. I’m tired, maybe stats tomorrow, I’m hitting the bed. And one last time to Greenback congratulations, y’all just simply out played us tonight. 

By the time I left for the game it looked like a used car dealership in the yard! We don’t mind at all.

6 hours ago, GFD709SHREK said:

I will miss the next one BUT we "should" handle Sunbright this week.But man we still have a brutal schedule.Webb and Loudon waiting in the weeds.Boyd whipped Davidson Christian pretty good last night too.

Stats

Greenback

1st Downs: 12

Passing: 6-13 for 106 yards, 1TD and 1INT

Rushing: 39 for 100 yards, 1TD #6 with 78 of those. Another week where a scrambling or called rushing QB hurt us.

Total yards: 52 for 206 yards

Penalties against: 5 for 60 yards

Oneida

1st Downs: 8

Passing: 3-13 for 39 yards 1 INT

Rushing: 25 for 84 yards 1 TD

Total yards: 38 for 123 yards

Penalties against: 6 for 42 yards. 

Moving on. 

22 minutes ago, crow said:

Stats

Greenback

1st Downs: 12

Passing: 6-13 for 106 yards, 1TD and 1INT

Rushing: 39 for 100 yards, 1TD #6 with 78 of those. Another week where a scrambling or called rushing QB hurt us.

Total yards: 52 for 206 yards

Penalties against: 5 for 60 yards

Oneida

1st Downs: 8

Passing: 3-13 for 39 yards 1 INT

Rushing: 25 for 84 yards 1 TD

Total yards: 38 for 123 yards

Penalties against: 6 for 42 yards. 

Moving on. 

My god! I didn’t need to see this. 8 freakin 1st downs? 3-13 passing!!! 123 TOTAL yards??? 5 wins may be pushin it if this crap don’t get better. 

46 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

My god! I didn’t need to see this. 8 freakin 1st downs? 3-13 passing!!! 123 TOTAL yards??? 5 wins may be pushin it if this crap don’t get better. 

Don’t forget 38 plays. This was the most uninteresting game I’ve ever witnessed. Nobody had any emotion or intensity really for either team or crowd. A couple of Greenback players played with passion but overall it was just not a Greenback/Oneida feeling game. I know that sounds crazy for a 13-10 outcome but we talked about how dead and lackluster both sides were all night. Just strange. 

Edited by crow

17 minutes ago, rlh said:

I still think you guys are playing possum on us.

Don’t get it twisted, if they find an offense they’ll be a contender. If they put #3 at QB and run #6 at RB they’ll get 14-21 points better instantly. Still no idea what they’re waiting on for that. 

43 minutes ago, crow said:

Don’t get it twisted, if they find an offense they’ll be a contender. If they put #3 at QB and run #6 at RB they’ll get 14-21 points better instantly. Still no idea what they’re waiting on for that. 

#3 the Freshman had the one play and dropped a dime in for a TD.If I'm not mistaken he didnt play another down on O.Interesting to say the least!

We legitimately could be starting 4 Freshman!33 on D was solid as any player I've ever watched and our LBs will hit you,man I wish the Workman kid could have kept playing our run game could have been something.Not to mention he was a very good LB also.I see lots of potential but we have to make better decisions with our players.

1 hour ago, rlh said:

I still think you guys are playing possum on us.

Young team and very inexperienced man at the helm.If he will use his staff and run the O needed against what D is across from him we could lose to you all this year.We have a guy in the box that was part of every Championship game we have played in and really could help him at least that's my opinion.