Dyersburg vs Dyer County

mg

I know the topic is on Dyersburg scheduling, but I actually disagree regarding to the "a tough non district schedule prepares you for the playoffs." It's similar to basketball where teams are loading up their non-district schedules in November, only to realized that districts are still two plus months away. We haven't hit Labor Day weekend and I've noticed several Memphis teams (MLK Prep @ Dyersburg, Westwood @ South Gibson, Oakhaven @ Haywood, Manassas @ Milan, Trezevant @ Independence) are playing teams for buy in games.

So, if the slack is on Dyersburg for playing MLK Prep, where is the slack for the other opponents? (Yes, I do realized that Haywood has a tough schedule, but they scrimmaged Bartlett earlier this season, and Bartlett just played Hoover. However, Dyersburg does have two opponents on their schedule that does have a realistic shot at potentially playing on Black Friday (potentially even three). It's not a glaring schedule, but it's a quality schedule to me.

I just don't buy the "let's play a big opponent early in the season to prepare us for November." We're still 2 months away from November, and a lot can happen.

14 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

You’re totally missing the point here.

In 2020, Haywood went 4-0 in the region and only took the field one time in region play. Teams on the receiving end of a Covid win had the opportunity to reschedule. The Tomcats opted to take the win and not reschedule the game. With Dyersburg, or anyone else in the region. 

I get your point. 

Unfortunately, Covid ruined a lot of teams’ seasons in 2020.  I understand IF Dyersburg had won a rescheduled game, they had a very good chance of finishing first in the region. Trust me, if the situation had been reversed, Dyersburg would have also refused to reschedule. 

TBH, I don’t know any of the specifics concerning Dyersburg’s request to reschedule and Haywood’s response as to why they didn’t want to. If you do, please post them.

As for “…not reschedule the game.  With Dyersburg, or anyone else in the region,  your point loses a bit of credibility.  First, do you know for a fact that Crockett Co. asked Haywood to reschedule? Why would they?  If you look at Crockett County’s 2020 schedule (and their Covid problems), it would have been impossible to reschedule that game. Second, the Obion Central game was the last game of the season leaving no time for it to be rescheduled. 

As for the thread, the general topic of discussion had switched from Dyersburg-Dyer Co. to Coach Stowe and Dyersburg’s refusal to schedule Haywood during the regular season.  I at least attempted to address that.  You didn’t.  You simply threw out your fun fact without any explanation as to what point you were trying to make.  In response, I threw out my fun fact--Haywood 42, Dyersburg 14.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stacmot said:

Coach Stowe and Dyersburg’s refusal to schedule Haywood during the regular season.

Coaches definitely have input but to come out and say the series is not being played due to one person is irresponsible for a public forum without backing it with evidence. After all, there are other factors (region schedules, open weeks) that also contribute to final schedules. 

1 hour ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Coaches definitely have input but to come out and say the series is not being played due to one person is irresponsible for a public forum without backing it with evidence. After all, there are other factors (region schedules, open weeks) that also contribute to final schedules. 

Now, I believe it is you who is missing the point!  If you took the time to read my post, you would see that I was simply stating that the thread had evolved into that, and unfortunately it had.  I agree with you.  There are other factors, and I stated that.  If anything, I was defending Coach Stowe. I did not single him out.  Coach Stowe is one of the finest men I know…he would give you the shirt off his back.  Please read the following paragraph from my original post.

“I don’t know the reason, nor do I know who may be behind Dyersburg’s decision not to play Haywood.  But Coach Stowe may not be the only one involved in making that decision.  The AD, the principal, the superintendent, the school board, and various boosters ($$$) may be involved as well.  I just don’t know how much freedom Coach Stowe may, or may not, have in making out the Trojans’ schedule, so I'm reluctant to place the blame solely on him.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 9:11 AM, Cavaliers9814 said:

Is Dyersburg that down  this year or is dyer county a decent football team 

Way down year. Combination of being very young and also lost two starters from last year that are not on the team anymore. May be the longest year in a long long time for the Trojans. Im not going to put my personal opinion on here. It would probably ruffle some feathers.

On 8/30/2022 at 3:48 PM, Trojan said:

Way down year. Combination of being very young and also lost two starters from last year that are not on the team anymore. May be the longest year in a long long time for the Trojans. Im not going to put my personal opinion on here. It would probably ruffle some feathers.

DC graduated 16 seniors with most of them playing both sides. A young team comes down to coaching and preparing your team for success with the lack of experience.

On 9/1/2022 at 10:12 AM, Almighy65 said:

DC graduated 16 seniors with most of them playing both sides. A young team comes down to coaching and preparing your team for success with the lack of experience.

Totally agree on the coaching part. Dyersburg also lost that many seniors with with half the amount of students.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:52 AM, stacmot said:

Now, I believe it is you who is missing the point!  If you took the time to read my post, you would see that I was simply stating that the thread had evolved into that, and unfortunately it had.  I agree with you.  There are other factors, and I stated that.  If anything, I was defending Coach Stowe. I did not single him out.  Coach Stowe is one of the finest men I know…he would give you the shirt off his back.  Please read the following paragraph from my original post.

“I don’t know the reason, nor do I know who may be behind Dyersburg’s decision not to play Haywood.  But Coach Stowe may not be the only one involved in making that decision.  The AD, the principal, the superintendent, the school board, and various boosters ($$$) may be involved as well.  I just don’t know how much freedom Coach Stowe may, or may not, have in making out the Trojans’ schedule, so I'm reluctant to place the blame solely on him.

No need to sweat it man. This is old news.